Looking for inexpensive 8R 19.5 tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hankook has a quality tire at a reasonable price, 6 cost me $1600 mounted, balanced and disposal of old tires. about a year ago in MA.

Bill

Large tires are never inexpensive, but check out Hankook (Korean and a respected international brand). It's an excellent tire at a decent price. Kumho is another respected Korean brand with good prices.    Cooper & Firestone make some moderately priced 19.5's too.

He might do better price-wise with a Chinese tire, e.g. Gladiator, Triangle, etc. However the quality is often inconsistent and the risk of getting an out-of-round tire or an early life failure is higher than with better brands.

225/70R19.5 is a close equivalent size and probably easier to find at lower prices. See this Goodyear web page for information on substituting that size.
http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/size-conversions.aspx

My local dealer refused to install any tire except a 8r19.5 on a wheel designed for that tire. They said if I wanted to go to a larger tire i would need to buy new wheels.

I bought a set of Samsons and so did my buddy, he is still running his with no problems, balanced with beads. I sold my coach, but the fellow I sold it to has taken several long trips with no problems either. I would have bought them for my coach but they don't make them in my size. Here is a link where i bought them and they have free shipping on them now.

https://simpletire.com/catalog?width=8&ratio=-&rim=19.5&zip=62707

Replacing 19.5 with 225 size requires changing fro 5.5" to 6.0 " wheels (legally).

The 225/70R19.5 is indeed a wider tire than an 8R19.5 and usually requires a wider wheel (rim).  Not necessarily the sizes mention above, though. For example, the Hankook AH11 uses a 6" wheel for the 8R19.5 and a 6.75" wheel for the 225/70R19.5. Bridgestone also specifies a 6" wheel for their 8R19.5.

What's important to is verify all the spec details when contemplating a change in tire size. Wheel width, dual spacing, revs/mile, tread width and section width all need to be considered carefully. Most wheels and vehicle wheel wells can accommodate some variation but each one differs a bit. You can't just slap on a different tire.

If you re looking for cheap, check online at tires-easy.com. I bought 6 off-brand tires for my previous RV for under $500 including shipping, then took them to the local used tire shop who mounted & balanced them for $25 ea.
Keep in mind, Good quality name brand tires aren't cheap.

My coach came from the factory with 225 / 70 19.5 tires, and they are mounted on a 19.5 x 6.00 rims

By the way simple tire has a sale going on with free shipping. I just bought a spare tire for my coach yesterday.

Happy Thanksgiving !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom