Good Sam Rally at PIR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with Terry.

I didn't like the venue even though it's close to our winter location. Mostly because of the restricted access to the infield where the vendors were located, but this is probably just me.

ken

We also did not like the layout of the rally but since we bought the new coach Wendy says there is no need to go to Pomona. Also since we are in the Phoenix area and it only cost us $ 99 to go to the Good Sam rally and the have good entertainment we decided to go.

MikeCoke said:
Just wondering is anyone else going to the Good Sam Rally that starts Feb 26 at PIR.
We are going in on Wed. morning 2/25

Glad to hear you're in town, give us a holler. I bicycled past PIR last Sat and didn't notice any coaches yet in the parking lot, but saw a lot of "dealer?" coaches near the grandstand. Some booth setup was also there. Was curious about what was going on.

Congrats on the new coach, hadn't noticed any posting that you finally found one.

MikeCoke said:
We also did not like the layout of the rally but since we bought the new coach Wendy says there is no need to go to Pomona. Also since we are in the Phoenix area and it only cost us $ 99 to go to the Good Sam rally and the have good entertainment we decided to go.

They did have good entertainment.

BernieD said:
Glad to hear you're in town, give us a holler. I bicycled past PIR last Sat and didn't notice any coaches yet in the parking lot, but saw a lot of "dealer?" coaches near the grandstand. Some booth setup was also there. Was curious about what was going on.

Congrats on the new coach, hadn't noticed any posting that you finally found one.

Hi Bernie, If you missed the first post here is the link.
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,81413.msg738156.html#msg738156

We are here at the Rally until Monday morning then we go back to La Mesa RV in Mesa to get a few things fixed. Friday we will move to Tucson for the Escapee Rally

We had a good time. The venue still sucks but they did have a lot of trams and handicapped carts moving people.

The owner of the company where I consult when to the rally along with one of his sales reps. They were not impressed at all. They felt the RV  parking was very disorganized, the entertainment was good but the venue was terrible, The RV Vendors were very aggressive - no fun to look at new RV with a salesman hounding you and the overall layout was bad because it was hard to get to the vendor area.

We went and had a good time.  We had nice and friendly neighbors in the parking area.  We met friends that were at the Rally also.  We also met with friends that live in the Phoenix area.

I thought the parking was good (Better than 2012 Rally) more room between rigs.
The tram ran a lot which was good, no waiting.
We didn't go to the entertainment as we didn't see anything that interested us.
We didn't go to any Seminars as the ones we wanted to hit were either before we got there or were very crowded.
We got a very good deal on a Sleep Number Bed from Camping World.
We had our manual awning replaced with electric.
Personal opinion is there are never enough vendors.
All in all, we would go again, but everyone as different expectations for these things.

I had a good time.  Not as fun as an FMCA rally but OK.  The tram was great.

We went for the day on Saturday, first time for us at a Rally, so nothing to compare it to.  I was surprised by Ken&Sheila's reply about the salesman hounding you as I found the opposite to be true.  In most cases we were greeted and left alone, in some cases we did not encounter a salesman, which was a good thing because we were only curiosity lookers with no intent on a purchase.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom