Mexican Border Crossings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

I've searched and all I seem to find is info about Canadian Border Crossing.  The stuff I found about Mexico is generic and I'm looking for more specific info.  We are going to be crossing into Mexico at the end of March going down to Puerto Penasco.  I would appreciate any/all info regarding border crossing that anyone who has actually done this has to offer!  We've travelled into Mexico many many times, but always by air or car...never in our Motorhome!  I just want to make sure we've got everything covered.  We will be travelling with our dog, I've got his shot records, rabies certificate and will be getting a health certificate 10 days before we leave.  So, I think he's covered!  I'm just not sure what I need for the MH?  I've got Mexican Insurance for the time we're there for both the MH and the toad, I have our registration...anything else?  Also, what can we take into Mexico...food, booze, etc.?  Will they come on board? 
Thanks in advance!!
Mikie

Id suggest making sure the certificate is good past a week. And make sure it will be good crossing back over. When we got our dog brought to the states from Belize, the certificate had to have been issued within 7 days.

Thanks that's good advice.  All I was told was that I had to have a health certificate for him and that it couldn't be issue any sooner than 10 days before travel.  We're staying for 10 days.  I'll check into it!

Many foreign countries are changing their regulations every few months. At one time the USDA would provide a book of regulations that would be good for several years. Now things change so often they say to just call their office before you write a foreign health certificate. I would get in contact with my district USDA office. If you call your state veterinarian he should also be able to help you or at least he should be able to give you the number to the USDA district office. Your local veterinarian should help you with your certificate,

PS Some foreign certificates have to go through their embassies and can take up to 30 days to complete. I had a case last year where two Chinese exchange students wanted to take their cat back to China. They started the process 18 days out and it was to take 28 days. By making 3 trips to the USDA office and over nighting everything FEDEX they were able to get their paper about an hour before they had to board their plane because their visa was expiring.

I entered Mexico at Nogales last month, and I heard people with dogs saying they were told they needed a
30 day quarantine certificate for their dogs. Does anyone know what this is?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom