Oldest Motorhome Photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The size of this world never ceases to amaze. While I haven't seen much of Bob lately I handled his VW advertising account for a number of years when I was in Radio. Great guy... excellent sense of humour.

Thanks again Steve,
-Dwight

Dwight,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Thanks for sharing the photos and information on you Merury RV.  I have never seen one.  From the photos it looks like you have a real treasure there.  Hopefully we will get to meet you some day.

We currently have Canadian friends visiting us in Yuma, Az that live in Digby Nova Scotia.

Thanks for the welcome Ron,

Yuma sounds like a warmer place to be although the signs of Spring are starting to show here in NS. Best Regards,

-Dwight

ScotiaBoy said:
Thanks for the welcome Ron,

Yuma sounds like a warmer place to be although the signs of Spring are starting to show here in NS. Best Regards,

-Dwight

From what Vince & Jean said it appeaers N.S. is due for at least one or two big snow storms before the warm weather stays for good. ;D Only got into the 70/s yesterday but should be in the 80/s tomorrow. ;D

Dwight,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  I think that you are our first member from Nova Scotia.  My wife and I had a wonderful trip there including a side trip to Labrador in 2003 as part of our transcontinental drive across the Trans-Canada highway.  We were very impressed with the beauty of your province.

Your 1957 Mercury RV looks really interesting.  Keep us all posted on your progress in restoring it,

Hi Don,

Happy Easter and thank you for the welcome!

Wow, trans-continental. That must have been a wonderful experience. My wife and I are in our early 40's with two of our children still at home but I must admit that the more we learn about the RVing lifestye the more attractive it becomes! Time will tell...

Best Regards,
Dwight

Hi Dwight,

Welcome to the forum. That's a neat looking RV!!! Hope you enjoy your stay here and will be a frequent contributor. We have been full timing for over 8 years and love it. We live in Florida but visit our daughter during the summer in CT where we used to live. We have a son in the Navy stationed at the Pentagon. Someday we hope to venture to the Maritimes.

Here's a Corvair powered Ultra Van that showed up in front of our place yesterday.  He took off this morning before I got a chance to talk to him.

The Ultra Van website is at: http://www2.onu.edu/~kwildman/ultraVan.html

Attachments

• ultra.jpg
    ultra.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 106
  • ultra1.jpg
    ultra1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 75
  • ultra2.jpg
    ultra2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 68
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 79
Hi Jim,

Thank you as well for the welcome. We have never been to Florida but it is a very popular destination for many Canadian 'snow birds'. The Maritimes enjoy dramatic seasonal change but Summer or the changing colours of Fall are probably the most picturesque times.

Best Regards,
Dwight

Dwight,

"Welcome from another 'newbie',"

Jo and I are RV Forum Framily 'newbies' since 1994!  Attended our first Forum rally in March '95 in our new to us 1989 VW Westfalia camper van, which we are still driving.  It'll see its 200,000th mile sometime this year, if I have enough transmissions to keep swapping into it. <G>

George& JoAnn/ATL
    Beau & Ollie- da campin' cats
    Wernher- da bus

Back
Top Bottom