Paddling sights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prior member

My wife and I paddle our kayaks daily here in the Florida Keys, weather permitting, and yesterday due to the high south westerly winds we paddled along the north east side of Big Pine key to keep out of the wind.
Normally we are in water where we paddle over sharks and rays, but since the wind was whipping up the water making it difficult for bottom viewing, we hugged the Mangrove shoreline, and were looking for flotsam.
Instead we saw endangered miniature Key Deer. In a distance of only two miles, we counted twenty seven of them which made for a very enjoyable paddle.
Just thought I would share for some of you nature lovers !

Jack L

We are heading out in the Everglades wilderness for a five day trip, but when we get back next week, I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture.
My wife got some real good ones.

The next time you drive through Big Pine Key heading south go right at the stop light. It is a fork, so immediately bear left. It Will be Key Deer BLVD. Got several miles down the road until you see a large concrete utility box on the left side. Right after it take the first left which is Gulf Blvd. Just drive slow down the road and I can just about guarantee you'll see three or four.

Jack L

I'll try and attach a picture here.

I am sorry, but I give up.
It said my file was too big

jack L

No thanks

I am not computer savy.

If I can't just copy and paste, I just won't bother

jack L

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads