1993 Country Coach Magna House Power Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G-RVer

Any help please? I have a 1993 Country Coach Magna. House power is now dead. It was working fine for months, now literally overnight, no house power. I put 2 brand new duracell 8D batteries in the top shelf (above the cranking batteries) ... still no power. When I turn on the house power switch on the overhead panel, I used to hear a quick "click" sound then the sound of what sounded like a small turning motor and the power would come on. Now, when I flip the switch, all I hear is the "click" sound and nothing else happens. The "click" sound is coming from the bottom of the unit where the power feed wires are located. It feels a little warm. I am so lost trying to figure it out. Any help please?

Gary & Amy
1993 Country Coach Magna - purchased on Consignment from Camping World
1998 Red Smart Car carried inside 18 ft. racing vendor trailer

By house power do you mean 12v stuff, like lights? Does the 120v shore power stuff work?

The thing that clicks and whirrs sounds like a converter/charger, with the motor likely being a cooling fan. Might have dies. Your batteries should be back-up power, but its sounds as though they are offline too. Do you have a house battery disconnect switch that is Off? Turn it On.  You might also have a big cartridge fuse between the batteries and the wiring, so look for that in the battery positive cable.

Great interactive diagram on how things work.
This should help you trace the problem.

http://www.metrotrekkers.org/utility/electrical.htm

Back
Top Bottom