Any Keyboard Players Out There?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spacenorman

Good morning all!  My wife and I are just getting started with RVing.  Are there any keyboard players out there?  I'm thinking my current "gig rig" (Yamaha CP300, Korg Kronos 88, Rack (w\SM10 line mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI interface, Yamaha Motif ES Rack unit) and pair of Yamaha DSR112s for monitoring) needs to be downsized significantly :-\    What are other keyboard players using?  Are there many opportunities to play around the RV parks and campgrounds?

Some parks have rules against playing outdoors and 'disturbing' others. OTOH some parks welcome and even encourage entertaining their other guests. A phone call to park offices should get you an answer for individual parks.

You have a nice equipment setup there, out of my league. I have a simple/inexpensive Yamaha keyboard, and will plug in headphones to avoid disturbing neighbors.

So funny to run into this thread!    I'm actually moving a small studio onto a small Class A (30' range +/-) this summer, and my "downsize" 88 will be going from a Motif XS8 to one of the new versions of the Kronos 88 (not as bulky, and bleeding edge sounds). I'll end up grabbing the Motif XS Rack and taking that and a Roland Integra module (lots of bang in those boxes), but most of the work will be done in a Mac Pro and a PC tower (scoring type stuff that needs the horsepower).  Of course we'll eat dinner in the middle of the floor or in bed since I'll be hogging all the living space, but that's a small trade-off, right? ;)

Welcome aboard. I'd love to see photos of the new 'traveling studio' when you have it set up.

travelingbard said:
So funny to run into this thread!    I'm actually moving a small studio onto a small Class A (30' range +/-) this summer, and my "downsize" 88 will be going from a Motif XS8 to one of the new versions of the Kronos 88 (not as bulky, and bleeding edge sounds). I'll end up grabbing the Motif XS Rack and taking that and a Roland Integra module (lots of bang in those boxes), but most of the work will be done in a Mac Pro and a PC tower (scoring type stuff that needs the horsepower).  Of course we'll eat dinner in the middle of the floor or in bed since I'll be hogging all the living space, but that's a small trade-off, right? ;)

I like how you think!!!!  Just curious ... are you making any modifications Ii.e., removing furniture, installing racks or stands?) to your RV to accommodate your keyboard rig?  Do you plan to tear it down / set it up each time you move? 

On a side note ... you'll love the Kronos!  I'm a long time Yamaha fanboi who took to the Kronos interface like a duck to water.  I've been deeper into the Kronos than any of the Yamaha boards I've owned - simply because the interface makes it darn easy to get there.  As a guy who's primarily a "live" performer - there's NOTHING out there like the Kronos "Set List" for making instant access to the patches you need for a given night. 

Lastly, the recent price drop on the Integra module is starting to give rise to a little bit of GAS.  The idea of instantly adding 6k+ worth of Roland sounds to my tool kit for less than $1,500 is certainly tempting!  ;D

Good luck with your project ... I'll be keeping my ears peeled just in case our paths cross in some out of the way campground!  Always good running into other players!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom