Hiring full-timers for natural gas line inspection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepthedog

Hello All,

The company I work for (Southern Cross Corp) is hiring full time traveling natural gas line survey technicians.  This is NOT an independent contractor position.  All equipment is supplied (except boots).  We work all over the country for many different gas utilities and with the spring contracts/projects beginning we need more traveling technicians.  This is for full time RVer's, including couples, who are available to go anywhere.  Each job lasts anywhere from a few weeks to several months, 40 hours per week, with no downtime in between.  Yes, you can take time off in between jobs or while enroute to see the sights.  Some of our techs take time off in the winter but I work year round.

Feel free to take a look at my blog to get a better idea of what the job is about.  Google the company name as well and click on the careers link for a full description including salary, weekly per diem, travel expense reimbursement, etc. 

If this type of outdoor work is up your alley it's a fantastic way to work full time on the road. Message me or contact me through the blog and I'll be more than happy to give you my phone number and fill you in on all the details.  If it turns out to be something you're interested in I'll then get you in contact with our HR recruiter.

Thanks to all of you who have contacted me and/or visited my blog about the job.  Some of you I've talked with and I'm glad you share my enthusiasm.  For those of you we've hired, congratulations.  My project manager is saying that we could still use 5 or so more traveling techs though for a couple of new projects.  If you know anyone who hasn't seen the post, but may be interested, please tell them about it.  It really is a great job for full-timers who want to work full-time through the summer - even year round if they choose.

I found out that I had to have a few more posts to send a personal message so here's another post.  I'm not sure why this is but it seems to be so.  Now back to your regularly scheduled programming  :)

For the company I work for it's:

$10.50 per hour  /  40 hour week.
$200.00 per week per diem for RV park expenses (not taxable as it is an expense reimbursement).
57.5 cents per mile for use of your vehicle on the job (not taxable)
82.5 cents per mile for RV travel when being reassigned to another project. 

You're NOT an independent contractor so federal and state (if that applies to you) taxes are withheld as well as Social Security.  All equipment is provided expect boots.  You won't get rich working this job but it pays much more than seasonal work at Amazon or work camping.  We do insist on a full 40 hour week, Monday through Friday, but you can take time off in the winter and in between assignments.  Assignments range from a few weeks to several months. 

If anyone is interested in finding out more information feel free to email me.  My email address is in my profile and the blog.  I have had a few new people to the forum contact me though personal message here but have had trouble getting a message back to them.

MrBaggins07825 said:
Is this an ongoing option??

Yes. Heather and I continue to inspect Natural Gas Pipelines - currently located in The Black Hills of South Dakota. Prior to our current assignment, we surveyed the Myrtle Beach area of South Carolina.

Todd

I worked for this company in 1999 right after retiring from the Air Force. I had to complete a 6 week training course in Norcross, GA, right outside Atlanta. We stayed at Stone Mountain for the duration of the training and then I was sent to Tennessee. Was there for about 3 months and then decided to go back to school (University of Florida). The Company asked if I would do one more job on my way to Gainesville on the West Coast of Florida. All in all a good company to work for and great for fulltime RV'ers.

Back
Top Bottom