Garmin RV 760LMT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
F

fijidad

Has anyone tried one of these yet and if so, can we get some feedback? Thanks,  Dan

We Have one and it works great as far as we know we have always gotten to where we need to be and have not been stuck under a bridge.
We have to camera also and it sure makes backing up a whole lot easier.

We have one, and love it. Works great and has lots of functions. The camera sucks. I bought a camera for the back of my truck camper. It did not work from half the length of the camper. I put it on the back of my 2004 Toyota Tundra. It did not work until the receiver was half way back on the truck. An empty truck. It still fails to turn on about 30% of the time.

I also have this model and just recently used it on a two week trip and loved it. I have a TomTom also but am very impressed with the RV specific Garmin. The TomTom will be regulated to the toad only from now on. If you are any sort of a tec geek you will enjoy all the varies features that are built into this unit. Takes some playing with to discover all the features but they are somewhat intuitive once you get involved with this unit. Pat.

pat fowler said:
I also have this model and just recently used it on a two week trip and loved it. I have a TomTom also but am very impressed with the RV specific Garmin. The TomTom will be regulated to the toad only from now on. If you are any sort of a tec geek you will enjoy all the varies features that are built into this unit. Takes some playing with to discover all the features but they are somewhat intuitive once you get involved with this unit. Pat.
Thanks for the feedback. This is a fairly new model, so I'm glad to hear it's panning out. I think this is the way I'll go.

We bought one when they first came out, and have been very happy with it.

I have two, one for the motorhome and the other for the toad. The directory is very good for campgrounds. When we are out for an evening meal it is a good way to find our way back to the campground.

The larger 7" screen is very easy to see without having to squint to see the previous 4.3" screen.

They are however, they are very expensive. My second, I bought from the Garmin outlet and got the backup camera also. The cost was about the same as the first one bought on eBay.

gkas said:
We have one, and love it. Works great and has lots of functions. The camera sucks. I bought a camera for the back of my truck camper. It did not work from half the length of the camper. I put it on the back of my 2004 Toyota Tundra. It did not work until the receiver was half way back on the truck. An empty truck. It still fails to turn on about 30% of the time.

gkas, you got a lemon of a camera. You might want to talk to customer service.
(quick question: did you mount the sending unit flat or upright? It works better pointed at the front of the vehicle.)

I've had my 760LMT for about a year now. I love it. You can switch between vehicle profiles when you use it in the RV or the toad. It will even store the size, weight, etc. of several RVs as profiles. I set one profile for with, and another for without the toad. Basic auto is a default profile.

It connects to my smart phone via bluetooth for enhanced weather and traffic info (free app needed). I can also look up places on Google Maps while away from the RV and transfer them to the GPS when I get back.

With voice command I can "hands free" look up a campsite ahead on my route, and call them while driving. I often command the unit to find a grocery store as I'm getting near my destination. And add the store to the current route. It also makes lunch/fuel stops easier to plan on the fly.

gkas, you got a lemon of a camera. You might want to talk to customer service.
(quick question: did you mount the sending unit flat or upright? It works better pointed at the front of the vehicle.)

I already talked to customer service. They told me that what I got is what I should expect. Any more required, buy the extension. The only way it would work with my truck camper is when I held it way to the side with almost a clear line-of-sight to the receiver. It would not work when I routed the sending unit 2/3 of the to the front of the INSIDE of the camper. I'm well versed in signal polarity. I watched all the installation videos, read all the literature, and called customer service. I really like the GPS, but the camera sucks. You'll notice most of these wireless ads show the installation on a sub-compact car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom