1977 Dodge "Surveyor" Campervan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeepinjeffery

I just (coming up on a year now) bought a 77 Dodge Campervan converted by Surveyor.  I am in the process of ripping it apart and then putting it back together.  As you can imagine being 40+ years old it's very outdated and dirty.  I am planning on ripping out the carpet and replacing it with some type of wood/laminate/vinyl flooring.

My first question is how often do you fellow class B'ers use your wet bathroom?  Mine is in the rear passenger corner and takes up lots of space.  I am debating on taking it out for more space. 

My second question is how often is the oven utilized?  I know a lot depends on cooking habits, which mine mainly don't exist, but I would take out the oven and just keep the stove top and have space underneath for storage. 

I appreciate your feed back.  You can watch my very corny and unprofessional video of it here :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3PxntiO_gE&list=UUZgdapXEnYjDj_lXwVzwSgw

I had a very similar van and found the same issues you have...We mainly just traveled in it, the bathroom part was useless (Im a big guy), we didnt cook in it (carried a BBQ) etc....I took all that out, had a large bed in the back, a dinette area, and a fridge....thats about it....Traveled all over with it.

My first question is how often do you fellow class B'ers use your wet bathroom?  Mine is in the rear passenger corner and takes up lots of space.  I am debating on taking it out for more space.

My second question is how often is the oven utilized?  I know a lot depends on cooking habits, which mine mainly don't exist, but I would take out the oven and just keep the stove top and have space underneath for storage.

We have a Porta Pottie in the back of our van in a dedicated closet-toilet-sink area.  We use it a very high percentage of the time.  We have no built in shower, just couldn't afford to dedicate the space for it.

We do not cook in the van except to boil water (coffee, tea, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, etc.).  That saves us lots of space.  We have a 7'x10' awning on the side of the van and that is were we cook when the weather is bad.

Ours also is an extended van and every foot comes in handy.

Here is ours:  http://youtu.be/5Xqk_G6k95M

Have fun making yours really YOURS.

I love the wet bath in our American Cruiser and will not have another camper without a proper bathroom.  We don't have an oven and I don't even use the oven in my trailers.  I can't imagine wasting space for an oven in a class B.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom