CG in/near Savannah, GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phunckie

Hello to all. 

I am new to this forum as well as RVing.  I am planning a long weekend trip to Savannah, GA and was wondering if anyone knows of any good CG's in the area.

I have done some research and found a few, but the only ones that give much information online seem to have really poor reviews. 

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
Eric

The one we stayed at for a few days last year while touring Savannah is Whispering Pines in Rincon GA.  It was easy to get to, about a 25 minute ride directly down Hwy 21 at rush hour.  21 takes you right to the river front area.  The cg is typical, not a resort type of place.  We had a site in the back on the small lake which was nice.  It was quiet too.  Staff there was nice and friendly.  I too read some of the negative reviews about the other places which is why we stayed at Whispering Pines.  Actually our first choice was the Rivers End (i think thats the name of it) on Tybee Island.  We like the beach and wanted to be there, but during the weekend we were there, there was some sort of beach festival, so the placed was sold out.

Savannah is a nice place to visit.  Plenty of good places to eat, lots to see if you like history and old architecture.  It is a lot like Charleston only more spread out.  Have Fun!

The Fall SE Forum Rally was just held at Skidaway Island State Park that is a few miles SE of Savannah and is a beautiful, heavily wooded park with W/E hookups. About 15-20 minutesw depending on traffic downtown to the riverfront.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom