Vacations in a Class B - The Natchez Trace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Here is a 400 mile, limited access beautiful parkway.  Really suited to a small RV such as a Class B.  The smooth two lane parkway quietly meanders from Nashville to Natchez at a top speed of 45mph.  Enjoy

http://youtu.be/tZ5YzhCznmU

We drove the "Trace" in a 38' MH and really enjoyed the trip. As Len and Jo said, 45mph so if you are in a hurry to get somewhere this is not you route. There are always 3-4 homes open in Natchez, MS and for 2-3 weeks in the spring there are several homes open for tours.  The northern end starts in Franklin, TN. Lots to see and do in Franklin/Nashville area. Southern end is not far from Vicksburg, MS and New Orleans, LA.

It's a pleasant drive but we didn't find the Natchez Trace to be particularly "scenic". Not in the same league with other scenic highways, e.g. Blue Ridge Pkwy or Adirondack Northway.  Maybe because we live in a National Forest and are accustomed to having forest on both sides of the road for mile after mile?  City dwellers would perhaps be more impressed.

No, I don't think it is scenic or majestic like the Blue Ridge Trail is.  It is a very pleasant for the driver.  With the lighter traffic, less curves and drop offs the driver on the Natchez can spend more time rubber necking and taking in the view between designated stops.  It is a very relaxing drive. 

I agree with Gary and Leo & Jo. Not necessarily scenic but it is a very relaxing drive. My sister and her husband drove their MH from the southern point of the Blue Ridge Parkway for about 40 miles and got off because "All they saw was trees". Different strokes for different folks.

Last Fall we spent 3 nights at the Natches Trace State Park  on way home from Texas trip; right on the lake, helpful & friendly staff, and visit was spectacularly beautiful! CG is very much ADA accessible and probably has the best ADA shower we've experienced. Will definitely return.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom