Windows 7 updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neal

Is it normal to have so many updates?
maybe every couple weeks, it seems we will get up to 13 windows updates.
Today it said 25 updates.
Doesn't this seem excessive?

While this was a large patch Tuesday, there have been others as large in the past.  I had 41 separate updates, including 11 for Office, but this was Windows 8.1.  On my one Windows 7 system, there were only 16 updates, but I don't have Office on that computer.

Ned said:
While this was a large patch Tuesday, there have been others as large in the past.  I had 41 separate updates, including 11 for Office, but this was Windows 8.1.  On my one Windows 7 system, there were only 16 updates, but I don't have Office on that computer.

Thanks Ned,
We were beginning to think maybe someone was hacking windows update.

Ned said:
On my one Windows 7 system, there were only 16 updates, but I don't have Office on that computer.

There appears to be a potential problem with one of the Tuesday updates, KB3033929 for Windows 7. On some computers it causes the system to go into a continuous loop when the computer is rebooted. If you have not done the Tuesday update, deselect this one when you do.

R

Not sure what you mean by "excessive"? Are you suggesting that known problems should not be fixed, just to keep the count down?  I'm unhappy there were so many bugs, but happy they are fixing them on a regular basis.

Yup...I get tons of W7 updates....My problem is that I am on cellular and those updates cost me money...I have them shut off and do them at Walmart or at my daughters once a month or so

poncho62 said:
Yup...I get tons of W7 updates....My problem is that I am on cellular and those updates cost me money...I have them shut off and do them at Walmart or at my daughters once a month or so

Patch Tuesday is the 2nd Tuesday of the month, so if you get on a WiFi internet connection on the following Wednesday or later, you can get the latest updates.  Microsoft rarely issues an out-of-cycle patch, but it has been known to happen.  Of course, other publishers offer updates on different schedules, and your anti-virus program probably updates daily.

They only cost you money if you exceed your plan data allowance.

RLSharp said:
There appears to be a potential problem with one of the Tuesday updates, KB3033929 for Windows 7. On some computers it causes the system to go into a continuous loop when the computer is rebooted. If you have not done the Tuesday update, deselect this one when you do.

This problem only affect some systems, but if you haven't applied it yet, do skip it.  I expect MS will issue an updated version either soon or in the next monthly batch.  I've updated numerous Windows 7 systems this week and haven't had any problems, but you can't know ahead of time which ones will be affected.

Back
Top Bottom