What is it with the lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinaryBob

Moderator Emeritus
Made it to New Orleans! It's actually hot! Oh. What a joyous day!
I'm sittin here in the lawn chair havin a home brew with my new neighbor. Watched a guy pull in.  That was over 2 hours ago. He's still stringing his lights- Awning lights. Solar lights. Ground lights on a strip. Hummingbird lights. And little ball lights... And still goin at it..
Not trying to be negative here. Whatever floats your boat.
But.... Why?
What is this fascination with lights?

Some folks just like Light Pollution...I have awning lights (in storage) Rope lights (in storage) two Solar Light Bulbs (in use one at each end of the awning) and some solar Path Lights I do not need here I use to mark hazards when needed.

I moved the primary "TRIP and Fall" hazard to a spot where tripping over it is very simply not possible (Under the coach) so that is that.

I just use white led c9 Christmas light.  I get on the cheep  in January.  And a couple kersonea lamp filled with citron l o oil

BinaryBob said:
Not trying to be negative here. Whatever floats your boat.
But.... Why?  What is this fascination with lights?

Hi Bob and all,

He use to be a moth in a previous life?

I have a string of Pink Flamingo Party Lights that I keep threatening to hang on my awning. I've yet to do it...but maybe one day.

Pink Flamingo Party Lights are at the top of my Amazon wish list for when I get my RV!!  ;D

Couldn't resist a pic, though it doesn't show the rope lights around the parameter of the MH, or the large globe lights on the rearview mirrors. But it does show the Christmas lights in the adjacent tree. He blew out his multiple tiki torches before I had a chance to sneak over there. I love it.

Regarding pink flamingos, you simply can't have too many. I put a dozen out myself, but they're the unlit variety. The more the merrier.

Attachments

• IMG_0291 (3).jpg
    IMG_0291 (3).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 110
I'm going to mout under trailer lights to use only where pack rats are a problem.  They think wire insulation is the greatest thing.

With all those lights, how are you supposed to see the stars?  Getting away from the light polluted city is one of the main reasons I camp.  Well, that and the wine around the campfire!

My DW likes a string of lights out.... I always procrastinate about putting them out for her...
To me they look ok if it's done tastefully, one small string.... BUT it's just one more thing I've gotta take out and put away.....
I personally would never put out so many.... and rarely put out one short string....

I really like darkness.  If my wife wanted lights, I know who would be putting them out and it wouldn't be me.  I'm lucky tho, cause she likes the darkness also to see stars and the moon.

Bob, it could be this guy doesn't want you to run into his MH in the dark.  Our eyes aren't as good as they us to be.

We too like the dark.
Only lights to see to get in/out the door.
Take a flashlight with you too.

There was a time when people did not want to look
trashy or gaudy. Maybe it is a ego trip; I have more lights
than you, type of thing.

Changed the outside door light to an LED finally, does that count?
I did get myself a trouble light though, I frequently get the urge to BBQ at 2 in the morning. (the LED isn't near the BBQ)

We have an LED strip under the awning, BUT they're only on if we're out there in the evenings playing games, etc where we need the light.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom