Murphy's Law

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragginourbedaround

We bought our first motorhome last January. We were the second owners. The first owners took really good care of it. We kept it for a little over a year and traded it in for a unit with a full length slide so we would have more room front and back. We took really good care of the first unit also. When we were negotiating the dealer asked me what condition my motorhome was in? Any dings, and windshield problems etc. We told him no and at some point he took a walk around our unit and agreed it was well taken care of. OK, so the day comes when we pick up the new unit and leave the old one. (I think you can see where this is going) After driving several miles and just before hitting the interstate cars started honking their horns as they passed us. As soon as it was safe we pulled over and our stairs were out and would not retract. Couldn't believe it. I secured the stairs with bungee cord and continued on our way. We had a hour and a half drive. 30 minutes into the drive a semi passes us and kicks up a rock and puts a ding in the windshield right in the middle of the driver's view.  ???  :mad: Thought Murphy's Law was kicking in! Now we're spooked! With an hours  drive left what else could go wrong?! Thankfully nothing else,needless to say it was a long 60 minutes.

Bummer!  Get that windshield looked at ASAP.  If you catch a ding early it can be easily patched and you'll never know it was there.  If you wait it can spread into a full crack or the plastic layer between the two glass layers will discolor, and then the only cure is a new windshield.

Back
Top Bottom