Anyone stayed at "The View?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin Means

Site Team
There's a new boondocking campground in Monuement Valley called "The View." Has anyone stayed there? If so, what is your overall opinion of the campground? rvparkreviews.com has only one review so far - a very good review but I was hoping someone here had been there. 

Kev

Almost.  We are now in Moab, just finished a Nightsky workshop, and one day was in MV.  The rest stayed at the View hotel, I debated whether to drive the coach down, but after two all-night sessions, I chose to stay in Moab and catch up on sleep.  I checked with the folks that stayed, and they mentioned it was the best view at the time for photos, from the CG.  They don't really understand RV's, so they couldn't give much review. 

I am amazed they closed the prev boondocking for almost 2 years and then opened a new boondocking for big fees.  But then, res stuff alwas amazes me.

Their website did not seem to stay in pace with what is going on.  I heard rumors that the fee (after you pay to enter), was $40 for boondocking. 

All that said, it is the best place to see the area.

http://monumentvalleyview.com/campground/

Dry RV sites cost 41.95 (tax incl). I would stay across the road at Gouding and get hookups for less money - per Goulding Website now $48.00 was under $30 last year (but not the great view for the RV).

As a photographer, I would deal with no hookups for the ability to walk out to shoot.

I guess if I were Gouldings I would raise the prie a bit too.  42 for dry, 6 extra for hookups.

However, driving over nd paying admission for a 3AM photo...

Easier to walk out the door.

Thanks. I'd sure like to set my lawn chair up and enjoy the view with a cold one. I love boondocking but that does seem a bit pricey for a dirt lot W/O hookups. I guess it's all about location, location location.

Kev

enjoy the view with a cold one

Kevin, you have to be very discreet doing that.  Not the view which is great but the cold one.  The campground is on the Navajo reservation and alcohol is prohibited.  At least on paper.  Just make sure it's well disguised.  ::)

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom