slide out wont go out HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1Outsider

Hello,
I recently purchased a 2001 damon daybreak,  the slide slid in and wont go back out.  It worked perfectly several times.  I recently replaced some carpeting with laminate but it didn't effect the operation of the slide out.  It simply came in as intended and wont go back out.  The batteries are up and functional,  I even tried to get it to move with the motor running.  It did not bind twist or even grunt on the way in.  I do not hear the slide motor engaging when I try to operate it.  I do however hear a slight click behind the sink somewhere when I work the slide switch.  Could this be a solenoid not engaging?  any advice would be very much appreciated.

Different RVs often have different safety features and requirements before the slides will operate. Does yours require the parking break to be st first? Our '99 Tiffin Allegro had a toggle (power) switch that had to be flipped before the slide would move. My point is, are you sure everything is set correctly?

Kev

I didn't try the parking break,  It is certainly worth a shot.  Thank You very much for the tip.  I have the Allison transmission with the automatic parking break but it does have a switch to apply it manually

Kevin Means said:
Different RVs often have different safety features and requirements before the slides will operate. Does yours require the parking break to be st first? Our '99 Tiffin Allegro had a toggle (power) switch that had to be flipped before the slide would move. My point is, are you sure everything is set correctly?

Kev

On our Holiday Rambler, the bay doors need to be closed before the slideout will work. That stumped me for a while once. I had a bay door open to get my hose out. Forgot to close it.

On my 2000 Georgie Boy, the drivers seat has to moved forward.  There is a sensor that prevents the slide from working if the drivers seat is in the way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom