Got van out of storage today and adding a backup camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Got our van out of storage today.  The house batteries checked at 12.28 volts and that is not bad for being in storage for 4 months.  My 12 volt system does have a kill switch so that nothing external was draining the batteries in that time period.

Our first trip is still a month off but I wanted to get it home at least for a few days.  Bought a wireless back-up camera at Costco and wanted to make sure it worked properly.  Think it will be a plus, both of our cars came with them and we use um.  Oh yes, the van back-up camera works fine.  I just have to hard wire into the van now.

The display will tie into 12 volts through the ignition switch and the camera will tie into 12 volts through one of the rear back up lights.  The system will only work when the van is in reverse.

Attachments

• 000.JPG
    000.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 38
Easy install.  Hardest part for me was figuring which of the many tail light wires went to the backup lights.  When in doubt look at the backup light socket wires.  Daaa
I left plenty of wire on the camera in case I have to relocate it when I put a bike rack on the back.  Also made it so I can remove it and store it inside when in the winter storage lot.  A 'B' is not an 'A' and the camera would be in easy reach and take if someone was of such a mind.

Tried it at after dark tonight.  Was pleasantly surprised because the image was very clear for 30+ feet in all directions behind the van.  Was not expecting that.  Another one of those things I will probably wish I had years ago.

Back
Top Bottom