Possible roof issue on Roo 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epfd217

I just pulled the Roo out of winter storage. While I was removing the cover, I noticed a small patch of the roof membrane appeared raised up. As I pressed on the "bubble" I could hear air escape and a sucking sound as the spot went back to its shape.

I checked over the rest of the roof and I could only find the one spot where the roof membrane was no longer bonded to the roof structure. I cant see a hole where the membrane has separated, but I can hear the air moving in and out. The only thing that appears out of shape is one of the screw heads on the bathroom vent has a tear in the sealant and the screw head is showing.

Whats the proper procedure for diagnosing and fixing this? If it is just a pinhole and and sealing it up is the best route, is there any concern about the membrane not being bonded anymore. It seems overkill to open up the roof for an inspection. Everything appears very solid and no signs of water intrusion on the inside.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully this is a minor detail.

All you will need to do is seal up the hole.

The biggest potential issue is what to do with the water that might have gotten into the roof.  How does one get it out?  By sealing it up, you will effectively be sealing the water in.  If you leave the hole, then more water can get in.

I think you need to stop additional water from getting in first.  To do this, just apply some RV roof sealer to the area. 

You also want to check out the rest of the roof good.

Vin.

Back
Top Bottom