cat that has car sickness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carrotski

Hi, I have a cat that gets sick in the car while traveling. He is in a cage and is good for a while but then he gets sick. I have tried several relaxing meds for cats but they aren't working. Any suggestions on other stuff to use?

Two diffetent vets tuld us to use children's benadryl for one of our cats that grts car sick.

I wish we could tell you if it works, but when we give it to her shw gets all agitated, foams at the mouth, and barfs it all up. We quit trying.

Joel

It is very common for cats to experience motion sickness while traveling. Cats typically do not adapt to change very well, and sudden changes in the environment, including traveling by car or plane, can be quite stressful to even the mellowest feline. Because of this stress and anxiety, it is not uncommon for cats to vocalize and drool excessively throughout a trip and even pant on extreme occasions. Trembling, restlessness, and overt vomiting are frequently seen in cats as a result of motion sickness and anxiety. Many cats will even have bowel movements and urinate in their carrier, due to the stress of travel.

Natural Remedies for Your Cat

Homeopathic remedies that have a great reputation for use in motion sickness in cats include cocculus and aconitum. The recommended dose is one dose in 30c potency 15 minutes before travel, and then up to two more doses two times every 30-60 minutes as needed to reduce nausea, vomiting, and anxiety during travel. The product Easy Travel Solution from Pet Alive is an excellent combination herbal and homeopathic product that often helps reduce motion sickness. Flower essences Be Serene and Rescue Remedy also help and can be used every 15 minutes as needed during travel to reduce your cat's fear and anxiety during travel.

Back
Top Bottom