Digisync Room Slideout unresponsive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wlarson

I have a 2011 Winnebago Vista 35 F that has a dual rail FLS/RPD DigiSync control system. The system has become unresponsive.  Coach is level, engine is running, battery voltage is good. Slide locking motor operates properly. Unlocked slide, but when I press the Out (or In) button, nothing happens. No sound, no lights, just nothing.  Rear slide works properly, but is single slide, with a different switch.  The DigiSync is acting like there is no power. None of the lights light up or flash. It's just dead.  I have checked all breakers, both inside and out of the coach and none have required a reset.  Any suggestions on where to look next?

Check your 12V fuses, the slideout is powered by 12VDC so your circuit breakers would not be involved.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I believe I have checked the 12 V breakers.  But just to be sure....  My coach has round white circuit breakers on the electrical panel inside the coach and also outside the coach. I assume that if they were tripped, they would be popped out.  I've checked them all including two that say front slide rail and rear slide rail. Neither was popped out, but I've pressed on them all just to be sure.  Are you suggesting that the automotive fuses for the Ford Chassis might also be the culprit? I haven't checked those.

Some RVs, like ours, have more than one fuse panel.  One set of fuses is for internal circuits, like lights, while a second set is for things mounted on the chassis, like slideouts and jacks.  I can't speak to the Vista but perhaps another Vista owner can tell you if you have more than one set of fuses or 12V breakers.  Of course, another possibility is that the power cable to the slideout control is either broken or disconnected.

Ned seems to be working this with you pretty well. Hopefully he will get you going again.

Rvs have three electrical systems that work together. A loss of power altogether can come from many things within those 3 systems and starting with the obvious and most common culprits, the circuit interrupters/fuses/breakers are a good starting point. The fuses open the circuit to protect it from an amp overload.

It would help if you had an electrical wiring schematic and a troubleshooting guide for your slide system. I think you need to identify the specific (exact) circuit breaker/fuse so you can reset/replace it and hopefully restore the power. If that doesn't restore the power, then the circuit may have a short or simply be open from a broken wire.

Until you know, which breaker or fuse needs to be checked/replaced/reset you are working blind. I'm not a big advocate of plug and play in hopes of accidentally solving the problem or at least momentarily appearing to have solved the problem. I believe in taking the time to learn your own systems before you have problems, have some equipment like a good quality multimeter on hand, basic understanding of electricity, electrical schematics, and trouble shooting lists for each load.

Personally, sounds like you will need to take it into the shop, unless you are lucky.

Well all of the fuses checked out fine. So I continued to troubleshoot. The problem is somehow related to the sensor connector on the control box. If I disconnect the sensor connector and then push out the slide moves about an inch and then gives a fault indication. If I cycle power and plug-in  The sensor connector, and then press out, the slide continues to move out to its deployed position. I can then press the in button and the slide moves back to the stowed position. However, if I push the  out button again, the slide again becomes unresponsive. Any ideas on how to find this sensor that is causing the problem and replacing it ?

You should probably call Winnebago and ask them.  Also, get the schematics for your RV as well.  I believe you can find those here.

Since your slide is moving (albeit only slightly), it's obviously getting power - maybe not as much as it should be getting (which may be the problem), but it tells me the circuit is complete. If I'm not mistaken, "DigiSync" is a PowerGear feature/name. On our 2011 Winnie, we've got PowerGear slides and if yours is like ours, there's a "reset" switch on the back of the slide's switch panel. If you remove the panel for the problem-slide, you'll see a very small round-headed micro-switch on the back of the circuit board. I think you have to hold the switch in for a few seconds to reset the system. Make sure the slide is completely retracted before doing this, because I seem to remember that the slide thinks it's closed when it's reset.

Before I read our owner's manual and learned that our slides must have the engine idling to work properly, I had to reset ours a couple of times. I don't know that this will fix your problem but it might be worth a try.

Kev

Thanks for all the input folks!  Kevin, I'll give the reset button a try tomorrow.  Right now, it's time to watch some Final Four basketball!!!  My favorite time of year without question.

Kevin,
I found the reset button on the Touchpad circuit board as you described.  Unfortunately, pressing the button did not resolve the problem.  The button did operate as described in the manual. Holding it for 5 seconds put it in Manual Mode, holding it for 1 second reset fault indications.  But no joy on resolving my problem.

I submitted a trouble ticket on the Power Gear website and talked to a service adviser.  Unfortunately, I found out that Power Gear has recently been sold to LCI and their phone support technicians could only quote the trouble shooting guide that came with the RV.  No help there.  Frustrated, I finally asked " Isn't there anyone there that understands the detailed inner workings of the system?"  They said , yeah there was this one guy...  Anyway,  finally talked to someone that sounded like they understood the system.  He's given me some things to check on the controller connectors with a voltmeter.  So maybe I'm finally on the path to diagnosing what's wrong.

But if anyone else reading this post has ideas, I'm listening!

If you are working with a tech who understands the system and has the information, then be patient and work with him.

Hopefully he will bill you for his time and you will happily pay him to help you enjoy your dreams.

Why you bothered to check out all the fuses, assumably as you claim, made no sense to me.

Welcome to the forum!

This thread is 3 years old. Odds are not good that you'll ever get an answer to that question. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom