Wendy"s Broncos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Wendy:

Could not resist putting in a little brag here.  The ESPN Power Rankings just came out for NFL Football for week 12.

Broncs slipped from 4th to 7th.  Ravens moved from 5th to 4th to take over the Broncos former ranking. 

The real surprise is that the Chargers vaulted over the Colts and bears to gain number one!  How can this be?  The Raven beat the chargers earlier this year!

The real puzzle is this.  The Ravens beat the Charger so they are better than the Chargers.  the Chargers beat the Broncos so they are better than the Broncos.  But the Broncos beat the Ravens so are they better than the Ravens?  An interesting puzzle.  Like they say, "On any given Sunday."

Your team has a tough game this week against Kansas City.  They are ranked 10th below Denver, but moving up fast.

My Ravens have a tough one also, last year's Superbowl champs.  Pittsburgh is only ranked 15th now, but they are the arch rivals of the Ravens and are an angry team with a lot to prove.  I am glad it is a home game.

It would not surprise me that by the time we meet in QZ, that the Ravens and Broncos will be battling it out in a playoff.  :D

Smoky said:
Wendy:

It would not surprise me that by the time we meet in QZ, that the Ravens and Broncos will be battling it out in a playoff.  :D

Smoky

To play the Bears (note, it is capital B ;))  ;D ;D

Are the Bronco, Ravens, RAms, Bears, And Steelers still in the league?? Good grief what a bunch of has was's.? Don't think they could make up a team amongst them.  an ad the Lions and the Packers in there too.

At least the Packers and Bears play football as it was intended to be played, outdoors and on grass :)  No woosie covered stadiums for REAL teams.

All those teams put together might not be able to beat OHio State.

Shayne:

It is obvious you are not watching the NFL this year.  ;D

Ned, you can add Ravens to real teams.  No roof, and real turf.

Bernie, the bears will have to earn their capital letter by playing some tough teams.

Ain't football wonderful?  Best sport around for trash talkin!  ;D

I can honestly say, this is the first post I have read where I didnt understand a single word of it !!  ;D ;D ;D

Why don't you all just play/watch soccer instead - please?

Paul
LOL

PS with the number of soccer pitches Ive seen around the US lately, it won't be too long before your all hooked !!

UK-RV said:
I can honestly say, this is the first post I have read where I didnt understand a single word of it !! ;D ;D ;D

Why don't you all just play/watch soccer instead - please?

Paul
LOL

PS with the number of soccer pitches Ive seen around the US lately, it won't be too long before your all hooked !!

I have asked my Brit friends about this before, and have not gotten a real answer.  Maybe you can do better.

Why in the name of sweetness and light, would the English want another nation of foreigners to beat them at a sport the English invented?  ;D

When I think Baltimore, I think Colts.  Sorry :)  Football just isn't the same anymore.

Paul,

Soccer is largely a girls game here in the U.S. Nothing like the Euro leagues.

BTW did you see my post re the Setanta Sports channel? I've had it activated only a few days and have already seen a couple of rugby internationals and a club game (Bath/Bristol). The All Blacks gave France a hammering and your home country barely missed their 8th defeat in a row against the Springboks. My DVR is working overtime, but it's not recording soccer  :)

Carl,

With more countries playing soccer it allows us to play even more games - in the hope that if we play more, we may just win one.  ;D

It also gives us more opportunity to say "could this be a team to match the success of 1966" (the one time we won the World Cup).

Tom,

I saw the thread, and decided to stay quiet.  ;D

Paul

Karl said:
Shayne,
Better start sleeping with one eye open. The ghost of Vince Lombardi is watching.... and waiting....

Karl

Careful, don't forget Lombardi once coached the Cardinals ::)

Smoky said:
Bernie, the bears will have to earn their capital letter by playing some tough teams.

Smoky

Da Bears beat the Seahawks when they were top rated by ESPN. They beat the Giants who had the second best record in the NFC. Can't you just admit Da Bears have a good team ??? :D ???

BernieD said:
Careful, don't forget Lombardi once coached the Cardinals ::)

Even Vince wasn't perfect, very close however :)

Back
Top Bottom