Wendy"s Broncos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bernie,
Careful, don't forget Lombardi once coached the Cardinals
Everyone starts at the bottom ;D
Even Vince wasn't perfect, very close however
Only mortal I know of who could walk on water! One of the Packers once said that when Coach Lombardi (you never called him Vince) told the players to sit down, you didn't waste time looking for a chair.

Ned:

I agree.

I once had Colt tickets on the 40 yard line and was a member of the Colt Corral.  I even once got paychecks singed by Johnny Unitas.  Many personal stories to share about him.  He was as good a guy in person as he was on the field.  Hard to find that any more, though Bret on your team is one of them.

But whats a guy gonna do? We had a disfunctional owner who stole our team in the middle of the night in a snow storm. We have to make do, and the Ravens are as good a way to go as any.  At least the Ravens have the original NFL bloodline (just as the Indianapolis Colts have) by being one of the three teams who moved from the old NFL into the newcomer AFC (Pittsburgh, Cleveland - now Baltimore, and Baltimore - now Indianapolis).  I am amazed that young people do not know this.  I won a big bet from my stepson on both the Ravens and the Colts being original NFL teams.  ;D

Bernie - the Seahawks are of no consequence nor are the Giants.  I do agree that the Bears are the best the NFC has to offer this year if that is any consolation.

I didn't know that about the Ravens, sounds like a good bar bet :)

Ned said:
I didn't know that about the Ravens, sounds like a good bar bet :)

Also the Cardinals being the oldest team in football predating the NFL by about 25 years, going back to 1898 and that is was the Chicago Cardinals until they moved to St. Louis.

I did know the Cardinals started in Chicago.  The Packers are one of the few teams that hasn't ever moved, and they never will.  They're also the only publicly owned team in the NFL.

Wow, that is cool about being publicly owned.  Can the public who owns the stock vote out a coach or general manager if they don't like him or her?

Nope, no more so than the stockholders can in any corporation.  Most stockholders own just a few shares, but there are lots of them :)  They use Lambeau Field for the annual meeting.

I remember reading somewhere that the NFL bars corporate ownership, mandating instead single ownership as in Al Davis.  Green Bay is the sole exception to the rule and got its exemption based on its history.

I think I need to pay more attention....just this evening saw this post. Maybe I was enjoying Utah too much.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my Broncos...always have, even back in the old days when they REALLY stunk. But those last 2 games...sheesh. Looked like Plummer was playing for the other side. And where did that awesome early season defense go?? Smoky's Ravens may be in the playoffs but I'm not holding my breath for the Donkeys, er, Broncos, to be there.

Wendy
Blanding, Utah

Ned said:
At least the Packers and Bears play football as it was intended to be played, outdoors and on grass :)? No woosie covered stadiums for REAL teams.

Hey, you can include the Broncos in that group!!!

That could very well be, Carl.  The Green Bay Packers have been around a long time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom