2015 Winnebago View and 2014 Honda CRV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markaustx

Anyone with a View or Navion tow a CRV? BTW, I know I need to get a used CRV since the 2015 models have a CVT transmission. Buying a new 2015 View 24M today. Prefer to get a CRV toad since it will also be my daily commute, but I want to make sure it's not too heavy. I know just because it can tow it, doesn't mean I should tow it. Any thoughts?

Go by the numbers. Your View has a max tow rating, which is probably the difference between its GCWR and GVWR. The CRV has a curb weight (vehicle empty except for fuel). If the curb weight is a bit less than the View's tow rating, you are good to go.

According to the 2015 View brochure, its GCWR is 15,250 and the GVWR 11,030. That allows for 4,220 lbs of towing. A 2014 CRV can have a curb weight anywhere between 3300 and about 3530, any of which fits within the View;s capability, even after allowing some extra for the weight of the tow bar and some gear in the CRV.

Thanks, Gary. Now's here's another question for you or any other members. Do you think there's a noticeable difference in your mpg's from pulling a 2600 lb toad vs a 3500 lb toad?  Mark

I have a 2013, one of the last of the Honda Fit.  (2500lbs) It seems  I get about 9 on my 01 Winnie Journey 36DL weather I tow the Fit or not.  When towing I have to look in the rear camera screen to see if it is still there.  Having said that, I wish I had bought the CRV-more room for bikes, etc.  Looked at CRV specs and found they weigh about 3500--and thought 1000 pounds more had to make a difference.  Now I am not so sure.  I realize our coaches are much different but sounds like you are going through the same process that i did last year.

markaustx said:
Thanks, Gary. Now's here's another question for you or any other members. Do you think there's a noticeable difference in your mpg's from pulling a 2600 lb toad vs a 3500 lb toad?  Mark
I towed a Smart Car for a year which weighed about 1800 lbs. then went to a CRV at about 3500 lbs.  I got about 0.2 mpg better with the smaller car behind a 40 diesel pusher with a Cummins ISC 350.  So it matters a little but not enough to worry about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom