1990 Allegro Remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unk

Hello, inherited a 1990 Allegro. Mechanically its in great condition, 47K miles. AC and refrigerator are both new. Interior walls/roof is delaminating everywhere, why they chose that type of material beats me. We pulled up the carpet first thing to reveal water damage and rot underneath the water heater and furnace. Luckily it was only contained to the center sheet of subfloor, looks like it was entering from the side openings. After removing the water heater, about a pound of rust came out of it. Furnace looks good. Subfloor is installed on a THIN sheet of sheetmetal.. i mean paper thin. Shower is in great condition, needs some new caulk. Toilet is going to be replaced. Plan is to install vinyl flooring, the challenge is going to be leveling out the subfloor. Because it sits on such thin metal it flexes.

Current Plans:

Replace the Batteries - Done
Replace Water heater - Done
Replacing the kitchen counter/sink/faucet
Replace bathroom toilet/counter/sink/faucet
New window coverings
New dinette table
Install vinyl flooring
Refinish and paint cabinets/doors

Going to be updating this post with my progress, wish me luck!

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 94
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 97
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 83
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 78
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 76
  • image7.jpg
    image7.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 80
  • image8.jpg
    image8.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 89
Looks like you've got your hands full. One other thing to check is the date of the tires. If they are 7 or 8 years old, replace them even if the tread looks good.

Looks to be in great shape for a 1990 and with only 47 k, what a deal! And do I see a real plywood sub-floor, that's always a good thing to find. Enjoy your project.

Happy camping, Tom

Rene T said:
Looks like you've got your hands full. One other thing to check is the date of the tires. If they are 7 or 8 years old, replace them even if the tread looks good.

Thanks, have the paperwork and the tires are about 4 years old. Will keep an eye on them.

First post here, I stumbled upon this forum looking for info on an Allegro 25ft. 92'. I'm about to look at one tomorrow and I was hoping to find some useful information about it. The one I'm interested in looks identical to the one you're fixing up btw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom