1998 Itasca Sunflyer Draining Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donc123

Just bought. Having trouble draining the water tank. It just dribbles out. Reverse blew out the drain hole with no improvement. Any thoughts?

The tank needs to be vented to allow it to drain faster.  Open the gravity fill port and see if that doesn't help.

If that doesn't work, try pushing a coat hanger or something similar up into the drain pipe. There may be something lodged in there and just blowing into the pipe may not move it. When you blew into the pipe was it are from a compressor ? If it was, how many pounds of pressure did you use.

It was from a compressor. About 20 lbs. Saw it bubble into the tank. Then I thought maybe I shouldn't have pushed that up into there. I'll try the hanger.

I'm going to try to include a photo of the water system.

Attachments

• 2015-03-20 16.54.26.jpg
    2015-03-20 16.54.26.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 18
donc123 said:
It was from a compressor. About 20 lbs. Saw it bubble into the tank. Then I thought maybe I shouldn't have pushed that up into there. I'll try the hanger.

I was thinking your drain line exited the bottom of the tank under the RV. I would NOT stick anything up in there now that I see you've got valves in the drain line.  You may have to disassemble those valves to make sure everything inside is OK. Wait till the tank is empty before you attempt that.  ;D

Thanks everyone.
On the other hand, from some of the things I have read, some say don't worry about draining the tank regularly. If your water is chlorinated city water, then you should be fine not draining it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OR-River-Runner
Back
Top Bottom