RV being wrapped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougie Brown

After coming back over 6 weeks ago, we figured we really had to do something about the state of the bodywork as it was seriously down-at-heel, faded and shedding decals.  This was despite much work using Zep floor finish as per the lengthy forum thread on that subject 2-3 years ago.  We've had to conclude that it doesn't last and leaves a resin film where it's not washed off or peeled off. :(

We got a quote ($10k) for a complete repaint which the guy said he didn't want to do anyways given the state of the jellcoat (crazed) and general underlying condition.  Just before arriving in Toronto to stay with friends for a week, I saw there were several vehicle wrappers in and around the city so I contacted three.  Out of those, one stood out who we went to see with the RV and discussed possibilities.  End result is that we signed off today on what we think is a great new design and graphics, including completely stripping the old decals and covering the entire coach (not the roof) with Avery vinyl.  You can have whatever you want printed on the vinyl - it makes no difference to the price.

The pics below show what we're having.  The rear image shows too dark on the photo and will be lighter.  We love it.  Should be ready by next weekend.  Cost is $7.5k Canadian which for us is ?1k cheaper than $7.5k US due to the current exchange rate (so saves us the equivalent of $1.4k US for the job).

Normal commercial-use life is around 5 years with high mileage and a medium level of care.  It should be good for at least 7-8 years with our use and high level of care, plus of course will be awesome to sit at happy hour gazing at it. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 498
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 309
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 399
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 316
I still think you should have picked the three color camo like our Deuce and a half....you could hide anywhere.  I can see it now!!  seriously it's going to look great.

Attachments

• deuce winch2 (Medium).jpg
    deuce winch2 (Medium).jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 297
That seems like a great price for a wrap, not just graphs,
plus a very nice design.

Be sure to post the results.
I really like that.

Work finally got started.  Removing the decals took one day for one man.

More updates when available.

Dougie.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 243
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 247
Too bad you're not coming back by here at the end of your trip. I would like to see it in person and a good visit wouldn't be bad either. I should be out of Kilt Lifter by then.

A reasonable guess, but Kilt Lifter is in fact a great and dark beer from the Four Peaks Brewery in Tempe, AZ. :)

Meade, there's nothing I'd like better than to come by again and do all the things you mention.  Sadly not this year though.

Tom, they can do anything you want.  A rear design is probably the easiest thing to do as it's out there on its own and doesn't necessarily have to tie in with the main coach body.

Going up in the morning to discuss how they'll work around the awning, plus fit some clamps to the roof to store the 8ft ladder which I no longer want adorning the rear. :D

Dougie.

Left side in progress. There's an RV under there somewhere!!  ???

Dougie.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 236
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 293
A minor matter has come to light 10 mins ago.  They only just realised it has a slideout!!  Panic has ensued, it seems.  :(

Amazing Stuff!!  Is there any warranty? 

I'm curious how it would hold up where I live. We go 30 to 40 days in the summer over 100 degrees.

Have seen 113 out here in the west.

3M guarantee the product for 3 years against fading and peeling if it's fitted by an authorised agent.  The company are warranting their work for as long as they know me, whatever that means. :)  As our design
is stored digitally, they will produce & send replacement sections in the event of damage.

Dougie.

The next two instalments!!  The rear is only half completed.  I can't stop grinning. ;D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 267

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member