1987 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Orginal Purchase Price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simplysss

Does anyone remember what the price was for a new 1987 Fleetwood Pace Arrow?  I am going to go get plates in Indiana Monday and I am sure they will ask.

Thanks
Corey

Really? WOW!

You can look it up in the NADA RV Guide online - they show the original MSRP as well as market value.  You need to select the length and model, but you can skip the options and go straight to the value.

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1987/Used/Pace-Arrow

Thanks.  this may seem like a silly question, but is there a special way to start an RV?  I am a firefighter and certified to drive arial leader trucks but these are modern vehicles.  Am not familiar with older models of these sorts.  Thanks

If it has Battery Disconnect switchs make sure Battery is on and turn the key

Nothing unique to it being an RV.  Back in the pre-computer days we used to press the accelerator down before cranking the engine, once to set the automatic choke on a cold morning. But a 1987 probably has an full scale engine computer (ECM) and may not need that.

What chassis does it use - Ford F53 or Chevy P30? You should be able to download a chassis owner manual, and probably a service manual too. I think I have a pdf copy of the 1986 Chevy P30 service manual on file somewhere.

1987 will not have a computer if it is a Ford chassis.  It may have the throttle body injectors but will need the old fashioned press the accelerator and then push the starter button/turn the key as I did on my '94 F53 chassis.

Thanks,
When I turn the key it starts making a clicking noise before I turn the key to start the engine, I assume is the choke. But after it starts the clicking doesn't stop.

Corey

That was it :)  I am so used to driving modern firetrucks. these older things are just so different.

Yep, I know how you feel. I am an older thing my self and have been told I am quite different.

Back
Top Bottom