Binningers in Quartzsite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeff, we'll be at Lake Pleasant.  We don't have a list as of yet of the others but are planning on a whole tenderloin for New Year's for the group.  We will be in the W/E sites overlooking the lake and away from the full hookup campground.  It's a fairly quiet area, yet still within easy driving distance of town for any necessaries.  We need to stay close to Phoenix as Lorna has a medical procedure scheduled for Jan. 2.

Best of our thoughts will be with Lorna during her trying procedures, whatever they may be.  Our prayers will be steady and meaningful.

Fred:

Tom and I are planning to go to Alamo.  Tentative arrival date is 12/27.  Tom sold his float tube and all the fishing stuff is in storage in Redding, so we'll have to depend on the fishing skills of George and Terry for sustenance.  ;)  Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Margi

Thanks everyone. We haven't been to Alamo Lake so we will plan on being up late on the 29th. Are reservations necessary?

Ned and Lorna: Thanks and good luck on the 2nd and best wishes for the Holidays.

Margi:

>>so we'll have to depend on the fishing skills of George and Terry for sustenance.  Wink  Looking forward to seeing everyone again.<<

You mean we go hungry again!!!!!!!

Daisy

Sorry guys, the devil made me do it.......

Jeff:

No resevations, as it's a State Park and it's first come first serve.  We usually try for the first loop off to the right, but the second loop has good features too, depends how many sites are already taken there though.  Just drive around a few times until you spot one of us and probably by the third time around we'll spot you.....  Ask Terry Brewer about that some time.  He has firsthand experience in that catagory.

Daisy

Just found out Sue has a Drs appt on the 29th so we will either be up late the 29th or the morning of the 30th.

Is just a girl worth all the trouble of leaving AZ and going into that cold snowy New York State??  If you can find a flight from Rochester to the airport at QZ - we could pick you up there!!  <G> Our best wishes to Jennfer and that is not a joke.

Richard:

Congratulations, they make great Christmas presents!

To bring this thread full circle, Binningers are no longer at the rally site in Quartzsite.  ;)

This morning it was 24 degrees, we had a 9:00 a.m. appointment at Growers in Salome, the LP generator wouldn't start because of the cold .....  and that's about all the "camping" this fairly cheerful body can stand!  This afternoon we are tucked into 88 Shades, now managed by former neighbors Bill and Linda, for the night awaiting prescriptions in the mail.  We might stay another night, but after that will probably head to Winterhaven near Yuma.  We'll be off line for the forseeable future.

Sure hope nobody takes over "our" rally spot before Bob or some other RV Forum member arrives to secure it.

Margi

Tom and Margi said:
To bring this thread full circle, Binningers are no longer at the rally site in Quartzsite.   ;)

This morning it was 24 degrees, we had a 9:00 a.m. appointment at Growers in Salome, the LP generator wouldn't start because of the cold .....  and that's about all the "camping" this fairly cheerful body can stand!  This afternoon we are tucked into 88 Shades, now managed by former neighbors Bill and Linda, for the night awaiting prescriptions in the mail.  We might stay another night, but after that will probably head to Winterhaven near Yuma.  We'll be off line for the forseeable future.

Sure hope nobody takes over "our" rally spot before Bob or some other RV Forum member arrives to secure it.

Margi

Thanks for letting us know, Margi. I'm not sure just when I will arrive. As I type this, it is pouring rain w/temps in the 40's in the Sacramento area. I will drive to San Jose on Saturday for Christmas with family -- then begin my trek South to AZ (the by way of's am not sure of as yet). I ususally stop for awhile at Pismo -- but the weather off the CA coast is just not good for that right now. However, it could change at any time.

Hope you find warmer surroundings soon . . .

Wouldn't it be funny if they were having a Global Warming conference in Denver this week? :)

fredethomas said:
Is just a girl worth all the trouble of leaving AZ and going into that cold snowy New York State??  If you can find a flight from Rochester to the airport at QZ - we could pick you up there!!  <G> Our best wishes to Jennfer and that is not a joke.

Fred,

The way the weather sounds from Denver into the Midwest, we may never make it to Rochester; we are suppose to leave Christmas morning. You are right about cold snowy New York State. I am not looking forward to the weather at all. This will be our first winter in Rochester since I retired on December 1, 1991, except for the the winter of 1991-1992. We would have been gone that winter but our previous motor home was not that liveable for long term stays. I hated that winter because I really did not have to be there--just poor planning on Kodak's offering of the early retirement package.

I hope we don't get trapped in Rochester by the weather and not leave on January 17th as planned. We will arrive in Tucson and leave for Quartzsite within about a day and a half.

Hi to Daisy! We will have to get together after Quartzsite.

Regards,

Richard and Linda

Richard, get 'er pointed south ASAP and good luck.  See you next month.

Karl:

Oops.  Sounds like I meant "our" personal spot when I really meant "our" RV Forum's rally spot.  Tom and I will repark wherever there is room when we arrive.  ;)

It's possible someone will choose that spot in the desert not knowing they will suddenly be surrounded by 40 or so other rigs come mid-January.  So far, except for the motorhome way down at the end of the road, it's still wide open. 

Margi

In past years, we've politely informed people what they were in for - Rowdy bunch of hard drinking, loud music, Harley riders throwing up dust everywhere and running generators 'til the wee hours of the morning, but that they were welcome to join us. For some reason, we never had any takers ;D

Back
Top Bottom