Foremost vs. Progressive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Ok I am down to my short list on Motorhome Insurance.

I dropped USAA from my list because they are expensive and do not have replacement insurance nor anything geared for fulltiming.

I can't get a response from Good Sam.  They keep sending me email with no quotes.

I'd like to get opinions on Foremost versus Progressive.

Comments?

Smoky said:
Ron:

I submitted a quote request just now via your link.? Do you use that company?? If so any comments or opinions?

Yes we use AON (Formally RV Alliance) and have for several years.  We do shop every year befor renewal time but haven't found any reason to change yet.  Haven't had a claim yet though but then that ia good,

Smoky

I have had Progressive for about 10 years now with only one claim. I really like their diminishing deductable, Each year you don't have a claim your deductable goes down by 25%. After four years your deductable is zero. That and the fact they were very responsive and quick to get my coach repaired are the reasons I have stayed with them. Oh, also like Ron, I have not found anyone to have better coverage for the same price.

Jerry

Get a quote from the  Explorer RV agency, which is  a company-owned agency for National Interstate/American Home insurance that sells direct (online).  http://www.explorerrv.com    They seem to have decent rates and offer all the good features, e.g. disappearing deductibles, full replacement, etc.

Rates will vary according to state and your individual situation, but I have been quite happy with them so far (but no claims either).

Smoky:

We too have Progressive through Miller Insurance in Oregon, a fairly knowledgeable RV Insurance broker.

Had two minor windshield claims in five years, no hassle, and as was mentioned on the second claim we had no deductible. We just received our renewal that went down about 4% over last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom