Air dams and wind deflectors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punomatic

I have read with interest a few posts on some forums about air dams on the underside of the cabover section of TCs. I have been doing a lot of thinking about the terribly un-aerodynamic (is that a word?) design of most truck campers.

In looking at my set up, I wonder if some kind of wind deflector on the side of the pickup to deflect wind around the square front of the camper that is below the roof level of the truck cab would help with A) fewer bugs squashed on that area and B) aerodynamic drag. 

Then there is the flat surface where the camper extends sideways past the end of the truck bed. Mine has a sculpted profile, from the side view, which seems like it creates a trap for wind coming down the side of the truck bed.

Has anybody experimented with wind deflectors for these areas? I was wondering if an angled blade (similar to a bug deflector that people put on the front of the hood) attached to the front of the passenger doors for the back seat might help for the forward area (the front of the camper that extends beyond the truck cab), but I am baffled about what to try for the rear lateral extension area. Any thoughts?

I hope my description is not so confusing that you can't follow it.

Thanks,
Tom

Back
Top Bottom