Rear video camera hookup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1PlasticMan1

We intend to have a toad behind our 2016 Bounder, and I was thinking, after reading about a couple concerned about a toad because they saw one on fire once, is it possible to run a jumper wire to the switch that activates the rear camera when reversing the MH, to a switch I would install on my dash, so that I could take a look behind me once in a while, while going forward to see how the toad is doing?  Hope you understand my question, my mother and aunt were both English teachers, and are probably rolling over in their graves at the length of the sentence.  Oh well! :p

If the camera is powered from the back up light wire, you can move that splice to the running lights.

If it is switched on from something under the dash, you need to find the wire that signals it and move it to it's own switch.

If you just use a jumper wire to apply 12 Volts, what else will be powered back up the wire? Would your back up lights come on too?

The 2010 Bounder I used to have had a monitor setting, as Muddypaws mentioned, that left the rear camera on anytime I had the ignition on, except with turn signals which activated a left or right camera. So I had constant monitoring. There's an excellent chance that yours is that way, also.

Thanks for your responses.  if it comes standard with the ignition on, that will be great.  Will contact my Fleetwood rep to find out.

Just got a response from my Fleetwood rep.  Can activate the rear vision camera while driving.  The only time not able to is when a turn signal is on, and that will turn the camera on the side that I am turning toward. ;D

Back
Top Bottom