Ozarks, Branson Info Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NancyNC

Hi -- I'm new to the board, but we have had a Class A for a year. We;re starting a 4 week trip thru the Ozarks, and are hoping to get info on Route 65 from Conway AR to Branson MO--is it comfortably driveable for a 40 foot MH with tow vehicle? Any great suggestions for side trips near BRanson?
I'm looking forward to being part of this community--Thanks in advance!
Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Welcome to the RV Forum Framily.  Glad you found us.  Feel free to join in any of the ongoing discussions or start a new discussion relative to the RVing lifestyle.

I have not driven the route you mentioned but I sure someone in the Framily will be able to give you some information.

Thanks for joining us.

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for posting your query for info for travel thru the Ozarks and around Branson.  I moved your query to our Destinations message section and modified the header so people who are familiar with the area will see your question.

What type of coach are travelling with?  Are you pleased with it after your first year of ownership?

We have a Fleetwood Revolution, 40 foot, and have so far been really pleased with its layout & liveability. No major bugs thru 6000 miles! This trip of 4 weeks is our longest and will be a shakedown for future full timing if it suits us.

Nancy,

The Revolution is a very nice coach!  Ours is an American Dream which we have had since '98.  The factory was really good about servicing the initial bugs and the coach is better than new.

Your trip sounds exciting and in the next few days you should be getting some suggestions for the itinerary.  It's an area we have not yet visited, so I'll be interested in your responses as well.

Once your trip is complete, be sure to give us a report and send along some pictures of the places you visit.

NancyNC said:
Hi -- I'm new to the board, but we have had a Class A for a year. We;re starting a 4 week trip thru the Ozarks, and are hoping to get info on Route 65 from Conway AR to Branson MO--is it comfortably driveable for a 40 foot MH with tow vehicle? Any great suggestions for side trips near BRanson?
Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Welcome to the forum. You should get your question answered here. If not, let me know. We have a friend who owns a lot in Branson so might be familiar with the route. He doesn't belong to this forum...yet. :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new Revolution. We have a 2000 American Dream. I don't know if you are aware of it but the Revolution was supposed to be another American Coach. They decided at the last minute to make it just a Fleetwood coach because of their potential marketing strategy. They were able to put it in more dealerships as a Fleetwood than they could as an American Coach. Built on the same line as the American Coaches.

NancyNC said:
Nancy

We were visiting friends in Rodgers AR in 2000. Drove from there to Branson. Picked up route 65 in Bear Creek Springs. As I remember it was good road.

Don't know if you are Escapees or not. We stayed at the SKP park (Turkey Creek RV Park). Very good set up. In the office they have a table with pre-printed forms that have all the theaters listed with their phone numbers. Also have spaces to fill in all the information the different theaters will ask you so you can fill out the form and have all the information ready when you call to make reservations. They also have a phone on the table to make the calls.

Another place to visit in the Branson area is Silver City. We spent a day out there and really enjoyed ourselves.

Nancy, you will love the Branson area. There's lots of things to do. Plenty of shows to choose from. Hwy. 65 is a good road from either direction, just a few more hills from Ark. I suggest a lunch trip a few miles north of Branson to Ozark Mo. ( exit CC/J ) to Lambert's cafe. It's the home of the throwed rolls. That's not a typing error, they come out of the kitchen and throw rolls to anyone that puts their hand up, and they are are good rolls. The menu is great also. Everything I've had there is great. Have fun!!!

NTXFLTMR

Thanks for the road info and the "throwed rolls" recommendation--we've actually seen video of that restaurant on a Foodtv show about Branson area!  We are leading a caravan of us & 2 32 foot class C with relatively new drivers so wanted to make sure the that 65 in Arkansas wouldn't have unnavigable hairpin turns--I think hills are okay.
Thanks to all who helped us with this one!
Nancy & Jim
ps will post from the road next week!

i just have to chime in here!  i've been to Branson once...so far...and had a GREAT time!!!

also Lamberts!!!  YUM!  and my 5 year old, then 3 1/2 thought it was SO funny that they throwed food around!  lol  the fried okra is a must try!!!! 

OH! and we went to Silver City too, but trying to spend a full day there was TOO much for the little man. 

my family and i will definately be touring that area again someday.

We spent 10 days in the Branson area last year and stayed at America's Best Campground and loved it. Good Sam recently named it as a top cg.

The shows are fun. We saw 11 while there and believe the Andy Williams show was our favorite. Every one of the shows is wholesome. Nothing is said that wouldn't be appropriate for children to see and hear.

A couple things nearby that interested us:
The College of the Ozarks is downright inspiring. There, kids with financial needs graduate with a zero balance due, having worked their way through college. Needless to say that most have good job offers waiting as industry loves self motivated young people.
Another interesting place is the fishery below the dam. 

We are planning another trip back to Branson, as we like the area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winger84
Back
Top Bottom