HDR Panorama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
H

Hammster

I had a bit of an idea, and I think it's worked out pretty well. DW and I were at dinner last night at C Level on Harbor Island and I took 2 sets of 3 images each of the San Diego skyline in order to make 2 panorama images. One set was slightly underexposed and the other set slightly overexposed. After creating the 2 panoramas (using ArcSoft's Panorama Maker v5) I then combined the 2 panoramas into HDR Express v3 in order to create an HDR panorama.
I like the result.

Attachments

• HDR-3 image SD skyline grunge 50.jpg
    HDR-3 image SD skyline grunge 50.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 74
Ditto. I'm reminded of our times on San Diego Bay and seeing the Coronado Bridge.

Nice panorama.  They need to be shot in Manual Mode so the exposures and focus do not change.  That should eliminate the need to do a HDR.

Hey Ron, thanks for the comment. There was actually no need to do HDR for this scene since the dynamic range was pretty low with the overcast and all. I just wanted to try an HDR Panorama out for fun. But, you're right, manual mode is the way to go. That's the way I usually have my camera set up.

I love doing panos.  I often crop them out of full image frames, but you do give up some resolution in the process.  I've included one from White Sands, NM.

Attachments

• 59x22 (Medium).jpg
    59x22 (Medium).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 18
Nice one. Yeah, I do the crop from one image too sometimes. Does make it tricky to get much enlargement out of it for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom