EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Shore Power Surge Protection  (Read 5000 times)

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
Re: Shore Power Surge Protection
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2015, 04:56:09 AM »
I am going to point out that there are TWO different devices sold as Surge Protectors.. I have both

one is a spike suppressor.. It may (or not) have LED's or other (NE-2) lights that are status lights.

The other is a much more complex device with LDC (usually) readouts.  This is the one I recommend

(Though one of the first is not a bad addition)
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

1PlasticMan1

• ---
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »
Sorry I have been away so long.  Took delivery of the Bounder on Thursday, June 11th, brougt it home and parked it.  My computer crashed big time, still not working correctly, installed a new hard drive, but still not able to get Outlook working.  We have been remodeling a room in our home, so that has consumed most of my time.  Anyway, the coach did come with a TRC surge protector, but not transfer switch.  Just beginning to get to know the unit, took a trip over 100 miles, and most things seem to be working.  Just a few minor glitches that can be easily remedied.  Just before we got home this past week, hear a rubbing noise in the drive train.  Can only hear it doing less than ten miles per hour, then the engine noise becomes too loud to hear it.  Talked to the dealer, they don't know what is causing it.  I am going to call Ford this week to get some answers and have someone look at it.  All in all, wife and I are very pleased with our decision.
2016 Bounder 33C
2008 T&C - Ltd.
2010 LR2
and Frisco

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2015, 06:21:29 PM »
If you hear a rubbing and have the ground clearance then inspect the drive shaft for evidence... Or anything near it that should not be.. However alas that is not the only area it might come from.

If you lift. Support with JACK STANDS, not just the jacks.. I work on my RV with jacks up.. but not all have that much ground clearance.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

1PlasticMan1

• ---
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 11:08:17 AM »
Thanks, John.  The rubbing is not a constant.  It is intermittant.  Consider a high spot on a shaft.  The faster the shaft turns, the more rapid the rubing sound occurs.  Can get under the unit, will look for anything that might have come down from the house to cause the noise.  Talked to Ford and they suggest that I go back to the RV dealer (which I have to do for other items), have them check it out and if they can't solve it, run to a Ford dealer to look at.  Have less than 1,000 miles on it, so under warranty.  Just inconvenient to take it back to the dealer - 2 hours away.
2016 Bounder 33C
2008 T&C - Ltd.
2010 LR2
and Frisco

Hosted by Over The Network