OOMA telephone service.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Anyone out there with the OOMA service? Have you had issues today? Looks like it's been down most of the day. Their website says it should be back up in 1 hour. WRONG!!

Ooma has been having intermittent problems since last Friday.  According to them the problem has been fixed.

My Ooma didn't work right until I did a factory reset followed by a slow boot.  But mine might be set up different than yours.

I dropped OOMA a couple of years ago after repeated calling problems over several months. I switched to an Obi VOIP adapter (I use an Obi202) that lets me use my choice of several different service providers, including the free Google Voice. If one provider's service degrades too much, it's easy to switch to another one without any hardware changes. I've been using PhonePower with the Obi for the past year, and have been very satisfied with their performance. Google Voice is also configured as a backup if needed.

Hmmmmmmm, we've had Ooma for a number of years and this is the first time it's been 'down' for anything more than a few minutes at a time.  We went to VOIP because our ATT land line went down for 2-3 days every time the fat guy got into the vault.

Seriously, he knocked our punch-downs out with his butt a couple of times a year.

I use the Magic Jack app on my iPhone and iPad as backups.  I wouldn't recommend magic jack.

Back
Top Bottom