Mount Shasta, California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
H

Hammster

We are spending 2 weeks in So Oregon and passed this majestic mountain on our way up.

Attachments

• 2 image HDR Mt Shasta grunge mod 25.jpg
    2 image HDR Mt Shasta grunge mod 25.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 76
We'll be staying in Mt. Shasta (city) on Friday night on our way to San Diego. It is a beautiful mountain and the surrounding area is wonderful, too.

Two summers ago we passed through the Mt. Shasta area on the way to and from Olympia, WA and we were in awe of the place and hope to make it a destination trip.

When the wife and I first went through there in the 70's, all the hippies were hanging out. They were espousing the credo of not being part of the 'Establishment'. Now I notice that all of the businesses appear to be owned by the aging hippies. They are now 'the Establishment'. Funny how views change...  ;D

We spent our first eleven years of retirement building and living in our "dream house" in Redding, CA before we hit the road full time.  I never tired of looking at Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen.  There is something very soothing about viewing majestic mountains covered with snow.

Greetings,

Back about a decade ago, when I visited my aunt in southern Oregon with failing health, I left to go home and headed south at night.
The Moon was full and shining on the mountain as I drove west of it. The snow help to illuminate the mountain and I have to say, was one of the most beautiful sites I have seen. The sheer length of time it takes to go past the mountain is impressive. I always hope it doesn't become active though.

My sister can see it through her picture window in Oregon. I need a clear day to get a great photo of it though.

If you ever take the Coast Starlight train from CA to Oregon, try to get a compartment on the left side of the train if you're going north, or on the right side going south.

You make close to a 3/4 circle around Mt. Shasta during the night.  It's a spectacular sight when the moon is out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom