2010 Clipper Coachman bad converter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcomstock

Hello,  I'm looking to know if we can repair our own converter? We have a trip planned for Memorial day and our pop up won't, well, pop up! We plugged it in to outside power source and tried a new fuse, nothing.  It does a beeping sound, like a dead battery inside maybe? But we called a local shop and they guessed the problem is the converter is fried and we'll need a new battery but they cannot look at it until 6/2.  How difficult/expensive may this be to do ourselves?  Can we just get a new battery and last the weekend until they can fix it? We are first timers and the lot we purchased the camper from kinda sucked with giving us a 101.  Any help is appreciated!!!!

I would not just change out the converter. If it's the original battery, it's probable no good. The beeping sound may be from your propane detector. On mine when the battery voltage gets low, the alarm beeps. Is there a way you can manually raise the roof? Chances are your converter is OK. Start with a new battery.

Unfortunately we don't believe there is a manual jack on this as we've never found one.  Thank you for your reply.  I like the thought of starting one step at a time and not paying for labor until we need it.  Maybe we will get a battery and test it a few times before we go to see if we continue to have problems.

Can you get to the battery to remove it? If you can, remove it have it charged then take it to a battery store and have them do a test on it.

Yes we can remove it.  We will try that first! Gosh, thanks so much for replying and helping out! At least we have options now :)

Back
Top Bottom