ROCKWOOD MINI LITE 2104s FRIDGE AND FURNACE PROBLEMS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dptile

Took my trailer to La Mesa t.v. in tucson for warranty repairs.Dometic Freezer was fluctuating between 5 and 25 degrees ,25 degrees equals runny ice cream, I was told that the manufacture said " anything below 35 degrees is freezing and fluctuation is normal" somebody needs to take a science class cause 32 degrees is freezing! We camped at 7000 ft elevation for a week 20 degrees and the furnace wouldn't work,we froze. Domestic told la mesa t.v. that the FURNACE is not made to operate above 4000 ft elevation. Did forest river put cheap appliances in this trailer?

Knowing the makes and models of the furnace and fridge might enable us to look up some specs. But it seems like you may have been 'told a story' by La Mesa who were not interested in looking into your problem. There is no such thing as 'cheap appliances' in that most all makes and models have very similar specifications. AFIK Dometic has not made furnaces for quite a few years now....

I am out of town right now but I am working on getting the model and serial numbers. Forest river just said it doesn't sound right but they need the numbers

I don't have an answer for you, but when DW and I went window shopping for trailers at La Mesa RV here in San Diego, none of the trailers were properly set up for display. Tables weren't put in place, various other things that should have been ready for display. If they show this low level of care for trailers they are trying to sell, I don't know that I'd trust the service dept either. Sorry for the hijack, but it might be worth going to a different RV place for service.

I'm wondering if you might have a gas supply problem.  Does the gas range work well?  What about the water heater?

Certain models of Suburban NT-30 furnaces have been reported as failing at altitudes of over 4-5000ft and higher, both on this site and on several other RVing sites. The stove flame has also been reported as somewhat yellow. Tried to light? lack of oxygen, sail switch not operating well due to thin air???

Having problem with furnace. Suburban NT-20SQ installed on our 2015 2104S. When heater switch is in "on" position, and thermostat is activated, fan/blower begins and shortly thereafter  approx. 20 seconds,  burner lights. Burner only stays lit for approx. 4-5 seconds then goes out. This process repeats 2x's unsuccessfully. All intake and exhaust vents appear clear. All three stove burners are on with nice blue flames. Hot water heater works fine. Furnace worked on outing two weeks ago, but failed this weekend. Furnace also failed on first outing last year when brand new. Same thing happened. Took to dealer who said Furnace was fine, ???? When I picked it up it was. This appears to be an intermittent problem but would like suggestions for correcting, thanks.

There is a flame sensor that detects the burner has lit and signals the controller that all is OK. If the flame is NOT detected within several seconds, the controller shuts the gas valve off to avoid an explosion. It appears that yours is either not detecting the flame, or the controller malfunctions at times and doesn't respond to it. Corrosion on the wire is a common cause, but yours is new enough that should not be the case. Maybe the sensor isn't positioned quite right and sometimes fails to detect the flame? Or there is an intermittent fault on the controller circuit board. They sometimes suffer from expansion and contraction as temperature changes, making the fault intermittent.

I'm just trying to find out what is wrong with my furnace.  can someone tell me how to start a new topic.  blower will not shut off on my SF20 F.  all wires open on thermostat. Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom