Alfa Electrical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

05seeya

:-\ Hey I have a 2005 Alfa Seeya FW. I recently took it out and and after moving the Living room slide out, I had no 110 in the slide only. 110 worked everywhere else. When I brought it home, my slide wouldn't move out. I checked everything switch, fuses, relays ect. I could jump the relay and move it out, so it shouldn't be the motor. After reading the schematics, I believe its the limit switch, which is between the switch and relay. Any ideas where I can find it ?

You seem to have two separate problems, the "no 110" problem and the "slide won't move" problem. Not related, of course.

The lack of 110 in the slide sounds like the feeder circuit got broken or disconnected, or maybe just a breaker tripped if it is an isolated circuit in the slide.

On the slide movement, limit switch is a possibility, but so is the switch itself and the relay. You can jump the limit switch too, for a test. Or you can apply +12 to the switch side of the relay and thus bypass the switch and the limiter altogether.

My Alfa has two switches on the side of the kitchen counter (Curb side... you really have look to see them!!) Their job is to connect and disconnect power to the plugs etc in the 2 slides.

Thanks guys  Gary, I applied + to the switch and nothing happened. While I had + applied, I checked for + at the relay and had nothing. That why I'm thinking limit switch. I replaced the relay right at the beginning. It appears I'm loosing it between switch and relay. here's the problem, Where the heck is the limit switch located? I've tried calling Alfateers for help, but so far no answer. I do agree that I have two separate issues. Trying to tackle one at a time.

I don't know what slide system is in the Alfa, so hard to guess. On my coach with Power Gear rack & pinion slides, the limiter is a microswitch mounted along the gear rack, so that the slide physically trips the switch when it moves far enough.

On my power gear and on my ACCU-Slide,  Weather pro awning and Kwikee steps.. They use current sensors.

I personally think micro switchs would be better but all the "Retract/Extend" motors in this rig (Except jacks) use current sensors.. When the current suddenly peaks.. Limit reached. (or so it is assumed) OF course serveral things can cause a current peak.

Back
Top Bottom