EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Got ukulele? Always! Because you just never know!  (Read 1005 times)

Ukulele Man

• ---
Got ukulele? Always! Because you just never know!
« on: May 17, 2015, 05:37:24 PM »
Just joined the site, just bought a motorhome, been playing the ukulele for a couple of years. I sing, write songs, perform, whatever. Hope we can jam together sometime!
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Attributed to Mark Twain

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Got ukulele? Always! Because you just never know!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »
What uke do you play? I have a couple of sopranos (too small for me), several concerts (one of them is 8-string), a banjo uke, and a baritone. Playing the baritone quickly led me to buy a couple of guitars. Meanwhile, I bought a plectrum banjo, which I find easier to play than the guitar due to the narrow neck and only 4 strings.

I'm not really into jamming; I need some "structure" aka lead sheets to be able to play, but I can sing almost any song you care to mention without music or lyrics.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Ukulele Man

• ---
Re: Got ukulele? Always! Because you just never know!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 10:00:05 PM »
I have a soprano and a concert, and I use lead sheets, cheat books, etc. By "jam", I simply mean play together for fun. Perhaps my definition is too loose, but whatever, right? Anyway, thanks for the reply!
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Attributed to Mark Twain

Hosted by Over The Network