Alternatives to Baseplate for Wrangler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weretherussos

We are going to be flat towing our 4 door Wrangler and we dont want to put a base plate on it because we plan on going off-road and don't want to lose any ground clearance. Ultimately we'd like to replace the stock bumper and either use the Blue Ox adapters on the Bumpers Lugs or get a bumper like the Rock Hard bumpers which have adapters for the different tow bars.

Was wondering what everyone else here is doing on their Jeeps.

93 Grand Cherokee

Roadmaster all-terrain tow bar with baseplate. This tow bar will let you unhitch from most any angle you will find yourself in, very useful! The baseplate comes off when you don't want it. I've never had mine off.

I have "D" rings fron Blue Ox on both of my jeeps. The Rubicon has an after market bumper an the TJ has the stock bumper. The rings should bolt into the frame horns, not a plastic bumper. I've been pleased with both and have accumulated over 25, 000 miles towing with them.

Ernie

Rockhard bumpers for us, as well as all their underside armor.

You don't say what year your Jeep is, but Currie Enterprises makes a base plate for the JK Wrangler that mounts in place of the plastic air dam on the front.  I used one with the stock bumper and it worked great.  I only took it off when I upgraded the bumper system. 

SargeW said:
You don't say what year your Jeep is, but Currie Enterprises makes a base plate for the JK Wrangler that mounts in place of the plastic air dam on the front.  I used one with the stock bumper and it worked great.  I only took it off when I upgraded the bumper system.

Ah yes, I forgot about this one little detail ;)

We have a 2015 JKU. I'll check out the Currie baseplate but thinking of going with the Rockhard bumper...I hate the stock bumper and want something more solid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom