hitch question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denmarc

The DW has a 2011 Honda CR-V. She wants to be able to bring her bicycle along to different trails to ride on. So I started doing a little research into a single place bike rack for her. Hard to come by, but did find one she liked. After delivery, I checked it over and then started looking for a hitch for her vehicle. I decided on a Hidden Hitch product. In doing the research, I was told that Reese, Hidden Hitch, Curt, and Draw-Tite are all made by the same manufacturer that moved to Mexico a number years ago.

Is this true? I realize that this sort of thing is common place for many products. For some reason, I just never thought to apply it to trailer hitches.  :-\

denmarc said:
Is this true? I realize that this sort of thing is common place for many products. For some reason, I just never thought to apply it to trailer hitches.  :-\

Why not. Nearly everything else pretty much gets manufactured in foreign countries like tires, TV's, computers and whatever.  ;D  Hopefully some day that will change but probably not in my lifetime.  :( :'(

Reese, Draw Tite and Hidden Hitch are all brands owned by Cequent Group and made by their TriMotive Division. They were originally independent products but it seems likely they have been brought together for manufacturing economy-of-scale and efficiency reasons. Mexico or not, I do not know, but TriMotive is a global manufacturer.

As far as I know, Curt Manufacturing is still independent. Their primary office and manufacturing plant is in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

Gary RV Roamer said:
As far as I know, Curt Manufacturing is still independent. Their primary office and manufacturing plant is in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

Thanks, Gary. On the surface, it does appear that Curt is still an independent manufacturer. Could be the guy who told me that may have misspoken. Or really didn't know as much as he thought he did. You know how that goes!  :)

Regardless, one of the reasons I purchased the bike rack I did was because it is also made in the good old USA. I thought the Hidden Hitch was too. And it appealed to the DW (Again, you know how that goes!)  ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom