Looking for First RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weretherussos

My wife and I are going to be hitting the road to fulltime in a few months and have pretty much narrowed down our RV choice to the Fleetwood Southwind. We plan to travel a lot, go to a lot of state/national parks and doing a lot of boondocking - hence we want to stay under 35'. We looked at getting one new but figure if we can find a really nice used one, we'll go that route. We're a bit torn between the newer 34A and the 32V...as well as the older Bounder 33C which has the same floor plan as the 34A.

The reason for the post is that we wanted to bounce our decision off some of you who are on the road full time is to get some opinions as to what we might be missing, if we're on the right track, etc? We've seen some Winnie Vistas that are around 30' and like the floor plan but wonder if that's getting a bit too small?

We're both in our 30's and will be working while on the road (at least part time) and have two BIG dogs (about 80lbs each). So we need a comfortable spot in the coach to work and room for the two boys. Would love to hear your ideas on what we are thinking.

Thanks!

With two big dogs and the need for work space for both of you, I think bigger is better. Even under 35' sounds potentially tight, but maybe you don't mind stepping over the dogs every time you need to get a drink or use the bathroom.

With that "L" sofa in the 34A, can you get to the lavatory when the slides are closed? That could be a real nuisance when traveling.

Gary RV Roamer said:
With two big dogs and the need for work space for both of you, I think bigger is better. Even under 35' sounds potentially tight, but maybe you don't mind stepping over the dogs every time you need to get a drink or use the bathroom.

With that "L" sofa in the 34A, can you get to the lavatory when the slides are closed? That could be a real nuisance when traveling.

HA! We have to step over the dogs now in the house! Even with all the room they still like to sleep under our feet ;)

We prefer the layout of the 34A because of that L-Shaped couch and yes, it comes in and no problem walking to the back...or using the kitchen etc while the slides are in. The only issue is that if the slides are in, the dresser comes right over the bed and takes up just under a foot. My wife and I are both very tall so we would have trouble sleeping in a queen if we couldnt put the slide out at least a little bit (ie in a Walmart parking lot).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom