tow dolly ot tow bar ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denimangle

im sure this has been asked before But im not finding answers :( .. we have an older class A 2000 surfside & for a toad we will be using a 07 4 door pickup we haven't needed a toad before but this year we will ..  Any pointers would be very helpful on what is the safest & easist way to go ... Thanks Cheryl

You'll first need to know the towing capacity of the coach, the weight of the pickup, and whether the pickup can be towed with all 4 wheels down (check the owners manual). We have an article in our forum library answering the question Can I tow a dinghy?

Assuming the coach has a towing setup, if the pickup can be towed and its weight is within the towing capacity of the coach, you'll need a baseplate (attached to the pickup) and a tow bar. Baseplates and towbars can be purchased from Remco Towing, but may also be available used.

The National Surfside is a gas coach, and its towing capacity is likely limited to 5,000 lbs max.

If you decide to go the tow dolly route, you'll need to figure the weight of the dolly into the total weight being towed.

We have towed a trailer with out Harleys in it before we are searching for the info you stated  I read can I tow a dinghy still not giving me the info we need an if we can or do we need a oiler ...

ok the REMCO link told us what we needed to know thanks ... looks like a dolly will be bought .. flat towing is just way to much to spend  we would have to stay home  for vacation ....lol

I assume you are talking about a full sized pick-up.

If it is I would recommend a braking system with either method with that much weight in tow.

Oh Yes Lavarock  a 1/2 ton pickup ...we will have brakes .....we pulled a 35' 5th wheel for years full time  on the road for work ...when we retired & built a house we went with the class A so it all a bit different  sometimes I think a new truck & the 5th would be better ... but DH is the one doing most of the driving .. so his choice

[quote author=denimangle]ok the REMCO link told us what we needed to know thanks ... looks like a dolly will be bought ..[/quote]

Remco doesn't help answer the question of whether the Surfside can tow the truck and dinghy. Check my first response again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom