Onan 2500 LP Generator - Need Help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarheel007

Have an Onan 2500 LP generator less than 2 years old with about 60 hours on it.  A few months ago, it started having difficulty starting after cranking and I removed the "cheap filter" covering the vent hose from the regulator and it started right up.  Thought maybe the heavy rain had left some moisture.  A few weeks after this, same thing but this time, no start even after removing the "cheap filter" covering the vent hose.

So, I have dropped this generator from my Lance Slide-in. Checked spark at plug and it's good upon cranking.  Replaced plug anyway.

Ordered a parts kit to replace the diaphragm on the Beam 52N regulator and just did that tonight.  It has  plenty of LP coming to the regulator upon cranking.  However, it is difficult to tell if the carb is "pulling" enough pressure to open the diaphragm on the regulator to let it flow to the carb.  Unit still won't "start" but cranks just fine.  Do the carbs go bad in LP onan generators? Am I missing something obvious?

The other "odd" thing I noticed after it failed to start was I have remote start panel inside the camper so you can start without having to go outside.  That remote start panel was nothing fancy but it always had the "hours" the generator had run....now it has nothing.

checked and reconnected all connections to the generator. there was no corrosion and all was tight and as should be. the circuit breaker on the genset is "on".  it cranks just as beautiful as you would want one to...just no start

Any insights much appreciated. Hate to bring it to a shop after all I've done to it already and dropping it out of the camper which was no small feat.

Thanks again in advance

Back
Top Bottom