Fulltiming RVing in Big Sur area for French TV report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oriane

Hello,

My name is Oriane, and I am working for a French TV program called "Echapp?es Belles".
It's a TV travel show broadcasted on France 5, one of our most cultural channels.

I am preparing a next episode about San Francisco/North California.
The filming is planned for the beginning of the next month (from June 1st to June 10th)

We?d like to do a segment on and about Big Sur area and especially about families living in RVs there in a camp or heading down the Pacific West Coast road.

Is there anybody around during our filming period and anybody interested to share the experience ?

I would be happy to hear from you if you have any contact or idea.

Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely,
Oriane

PS. :
?Echapp?es Belles? (?Beautiful Escapes?) is a TV broadcast aired on France 5 (Audience of the broadcast: 1,029,000). France 5 is one of the main channels in France, the most cultural one. This TV show is dedicated to Tourism and focus on one destination per episode. It is broadcasted every Saturday at 8.35pm and again on Sunday at 10.25 am and last 1 hour and half.
'Echapp?es Belles' tells the story of one of our three presenters, here Rapha?l de Casabianca. He discovers a city or a region, by meeting local people who show him their activities or passions, their day-to-day life, their knowledge.
It is not formal interviews, it is more like friendly conversations and shared moments that aim at discovering a region through the eyes of its inhabitants. The show is divided in 8 sequences with the presenter (8 ?plateaux?) and 6 voiced-over reports that go deeper into one topic each (6 ?sujets?). You can have a look at previous episodes here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgLxMiNV0Vw (Sweden) or here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoTemD_55RI (Kerala, India).

Big Sur and Northern California in general (especially the coast) are very expensive places to live, so if you don't get any responses from full-time RVers, that will be why. I'm certainly interested to know whether there are any folks like that on this forum!

herekittykitty said:
Big Sur and Northern California in general (especially the coast) are very expensive places to live, so if you don't get any responses from full-time RVers, that will be why. I'm certainly interested to know whether there are any folks like that on this forum!

Not to mention that there is absolutely nothing there (Big Sur). If you do find a full timer, they're likely to be retired.
And that's if you're able to find a place that allows long term stays that is actually on the Sur and not 10 miles inland, or in a larger
town miles North or South of the Sur.

It's more a coastal nature preserve basically, and not a resort area.

Back
Top Bottom