Yellow Sticker F350

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcCarolina

I'm looking at a 2015 F350 SD, and the yellow sticker in the door jam says that the weight of occupants and cargo should not exceed 3209 pounds. Does this weight take into account driver and tank of gas?

Thanks
jc

sounds about right thats why i went with a chevy because it was 4100lbs and my trailer has a pin weight of 2800lbs plus the wife and dogs end stuff i would be over with the Ford - still a nice truck though the 2016/17 should be a beast

That weight (Cargo) likely does indeed include the driver... After all they have no way of knowning if the driver is going to be 90 pounds or 390 pounds so if it specifically says "Passangers" it should include the driver as one of them

FUEL on the other hand should NOT be included in the cargo carrying capacity.

This is off of Ford's towing website.

maximum loaded Trailer weight
(as shown in the Trailer Towing Selector charts pages 16?24) is
the highest possible weight of a fully loaded trailer the vehicle can tow, based on a minimum towing vehicle GVW. It assumes a towing vehicle with any mandatory options, no cargo, tongue load of 10-15% (conventional trailer) or king pin weight of 15-25% (5th-wheel trailer), and driver only (150 lbs.). F-Series Super Duty? Chassis Cab models also assume a second-unit body weight of 1,000 lbs. Weight of additional options, passengers, cargo and hitch must be deducted from this weight.

Stan

jcCarolina said:
I'm looking at a 2015 F350 SD, and the yellow sticker in the door jam says that the weight of occupants and cargo should not exceed 3209 pounds. Does this weight take into account driver and tank of gas?

Thanks
jc

Everything like yourself, wife, dog, cargo, personal stuff has to be subtracted from that number. So gear up the truck with all your goodies and go weight it again you find the number is becomes much lower. This why I suggest that you weigh your truck with the family and gear as you would be to travel then you know exactly how much weight is left for towing a RV. Way to many people buy a truck because of huge towing numbers and then buy a huge RV and then find out there marginal or over weight because of cargo. 

My 2013 Chevy 2500HD LTZ/Z51 on the website said 3100 Cargo but the yellow tag on the door said 2475.

My 2015 Ford F350 Lariat Website said 4190 and my yellow tag on the door said 3875. 

The only one yellow tag on 350/3500 SWB Chevy/Ford that that I saw was 4,000 lbs cargo was a long wheel base standard cab with no options and I check probably 30 different trucks. 

There is a big difference from whats on the website and brochures and what the yellow tag on the truck reads.  More options like Z51/LTZ on the Chevy and Lariat options on the Ford reduce the cargo capacity. 

jcCarolina said:

Thanks
jc

What is the trim level and options?  That what makes the difference between advertized weights and the yellow tag on the truck. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom