Cranky forum posters...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigSkyTrailerGuy

... but not on this forum -- so much.

I was visiting "the other forum with the halo" around the guy's head.

Boy, people's comments there are short, rude, and snippy.  They're like bored uppity know-it-alls, especially to RV newbies just trying to seek advice.

It took me just a couple of posts before I had to "put up my dukes" and defend myself.

Thanks for being "kinder and gentler" here.

We try, but don't always succeed. Forum staffers have carte blanche to whack me with a baseball bat if I step out of line. They occasionally need to do that, but usually do it in the privacy of the back room.

Our members are mostly self regulating.  If a member gets out of line, someone will put him straight, and not always a staff member.  We don't tolerate trolls for long :)

I've found this forum to be the most 'even' of them all.  One of the big ones (by membership count) I less than affectionately renamed the 'do what I did or you're stupid' forum.  I haven't gone back there once since I found this one.

Something I like about this forum is, over the years some of the same things have come up regularly. New RV?s ask the same questions that have been answered many times.  Each time the question is answered to the best of the staff or other person knowledge as if it was the first time it came up. "Yes I like it here"
Something we should do is make sure we support with a few bucks to show our appreciation. $$$$$:)$$$$$

I agree!  I've been chatting on all sorts of forums since I was a teenager behaving badly, and this has been one of the most consistently friendly sites.

Mopar1973Man said:
I'm rather picky about the sites I hang out on. The sites with picky or stuck up people I tend to avoid.
    ???  Since you self proclaimed yourself as "picky" do you avoid sites you're on?  Sorry Man, I couldn't resist.  ;) ;D

wincom6 said:
Something I like about this forum is, over the years some of the same things have come up regularly. New RV’s ask the same questions that have been answered many times.  Each time the question is answered to the best of the staff or other person knowledge as if it was the first time it came up.
  I have said more than once that the forum staff have the patience of saints.

wincom6 said:
Something we should do is make sure we support with a few bucks to show our appreciation. $$$$$:)$$$$$
  Thanks for the reminder.  It's time DH and I discuss another donation.

Cranky?  Who you callin' cranky??  Why you $%^&$$%#@$%$^*%$^%    :D  :D  :D

Yeah, this is a pretty friendly crowd here.  Once in a while someone's feelings get bent slightly, but it happens less here than any other forum I've been on.  And when you think about it, RVing is supposed to be an enjoyable activity, so it stands to reason the members here will be more low key.  If you want to see trolls and uproar, pick any sports car and hop on the forum associated with it.  Buckle up...the ride will be bumpy LOL

To paraphrase Groucho Marx:  I would never join a forum that would allow me to become a member! 
Seriously folks, Thank you all for being here.  I have learned much just hanging around.  Second year with a class A.  I already sold my 01 36DL Journey and bought a used 12 Fleetwood Discovery 36J.  Am currently installing WireMold multi outlet strips where ARC forgot to put outlets.  Stilling trying to convince the better half that we should fulltime before I am too old to drive!  Don Weaver

Somtimes the illititmums Carborundum (Psudo latan..Illigitmates grind you down) but we try to avoid that

This forum consists of Old Timers who joined back during its original incarnation and Newcomers who only know this format.

The old days was on a service were we paid.... Some of us remember when you could pay 30-60 dollars an hour and that was when a dollar was worth 2-3 times what it is worth today.  So you do not waste time in flame wars.

But a good, take off the gloves "debate", can be interesting to watch, and even more fun to participate in sometimes!
It separates the men from the boys....it's also interesting to see who comes back for more, and who, cuts, runs, and drops out of sight.

I've received some good, and some bad advice on this, and other forums.  I've gotten beat up, had posts removed, and let people know when they're being an idiot, if they are acting like a jackass.  But all in all, the internet can be a good source of information, as long as you don't believe everything you read on it, and then follow it blindly.

Frizlefrak said:
If you want to see trolls and uproar, pick any sports car and hop on the forum associated with it.  Buckle up...the ride will be bumpy LOL

Or get a motorcycle forum dedicated to a particular brand or model, take your pick, then start complaining about that bike's shortfalls. That will get the pot stirred up!  :eek:

old guys on Goldwings seem to be the worst! ::)

Notwithstanding a few posts where someone hit the ENTER key too soon (you DO have the option to clean that up, you know), I found this Forum extraordinarily helpful when we began five years ago.

We have made many friends here who we travel with and travel to, and that's the mark of a good crowd.

Paying it forward is important to me and it's a great way to get other folks onto a way of life so great for us, we cannot imagine not being out here.

Opinions are wonderful, and everyone, including me, has them, but when they slip slide into personal attacks, that's when the locks come out.

Thanks to all who make this a pleasant and informative experience!

Kim

I read this RV form and one other.

I have totally stopped others because Life is too short for pet peeves, know it all people, spelling police and ego stroking moderators.

What I enjoy here, is the exchange of information, opinions and thoughts
while everyone is being civil and respectable.

This form, in my humble opinion, can not be beat.

Jeff in Ferndale Wa said:
Or get a motorcycle forum dedicated to a particular brand or model, take your pick, then start complaining about that bike's shortfalls. That will get the pot stirred up!  :eek:

Oh ya!
My Harley riding friends and I go through this all the time.  Pit the Harley owners and metric owners up against each other, add a few beers, and watch the sparks fly, sometimes a few fists as well.  It's much more fun than sitting behind a keyboard, and throwing out barbs.  Alas, I'm getting a bit too old for some of it though, but as Toby Keith says, "I'M NOT AS GOOD AS I ONCE WAS......BUT I'M AS GOOD ONCE, AS I EVER WAS".

Jeff in Ferndale Wa said:

OHHHH YES.  I've lurked on a couple of those boards, and it can get fiery. 

I joined this board because I know it all and wanted to share it.....then discovered I was just a "know it all"  ;D  It's amazing how much I learned about my RV on here.  Most of these guys have forgotten more than I will ever know, and they have saved me a fortune of money and time on repairing my own rig.  Also learned a lot about towing, truck capacity, hitch setup, etc....I can never repay what I've been given on here.

I have learned so much on this site. I find there is a lot of good help from people who know or have good experience.
I don't care for other sites where you get good tech help and than the opinions start to fly.
Let's give the moderators a big hand!

I came to this site from the other one ( the one with the halo) because of the moderators on the other site picking and choosing what posts they want to delete and what ones they want to stay, and all their editing.

I posted a kayak trip report, and the moderator edited it so much that it completely changed the content.
When I questioned him about it his reply was he had the right to.

That is the last time I posted on that forum and found this one.

Jack L

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom