Cranky forum posters...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am on 2 forums. One specific to my 5th and this one (been a member for a long time). Still looking for a home for my MDT so I can ask specific questions.

You missed the forum (I am told that it used to be really quite good) that group of self appointed leaders moderate all posts...they make fun of, bully and are just plain mean to members that don't own exactly what they own...all in good fun they say.....they operate in a pack mentality...when one makes a post..they all jump in to add their ounce of pain or abuse. Even members that do own what they own have left... most of the good members (I am told) have been driven off or just lurk. It has really earned  bad reputation. Too bad..

I also belong to a Mopar group..for 'A" bodies.  It is a pretty cool site..some die hards but many of us also own other 'brand" cars...just too many cool ones out there to stay with one marque so it doesn't have to be that way...

After trying all the others, I have made this my exclusive forum regarding all things RV.  As they say, the only stupid question is the one not asked, so I have not been hesitant to ask my share of questions both good and stupid.  Every answer has been directed at me in a helpful way and usually offers me good answers.  So, now I am off to some special boards on this forum to put forth some of those questions.  Thanks all for being here.

I think that all the moderators here maintain the opinion that all of us were newbie's once.  Therefore when someone joins and asks how to hook up a sewer hose, it's really important to them and they wouldn't be asking if they didn't need the help.  I have often found though that our community is first to respond and help them out. 

That's why I like it here so much.  RVing is fun and confusing at the same time.  We all need a hand now and then. And by the way, kudos to our supreme leader (Tom) for keeping this forum running smoothly.

Yes. I was a RV newbie once long ago. I've learned many thing through trial and error about RV'ing. I've owned both a class C motorhome and a now a travel trailer. Been active in RV'ing well back in the 70's with my father starting the RV'ing bug. I ended up buying his RV and continuing on.

But on a personal note I'm also forum owner for a different subject matter as well. So I've also understand very well what forums and paying it forward is all about. I've been in the forum world over 10 years now. Even before the internet was popular I was on the BBS networks back in the 80's with dial up modems. So its been in my blood to help folks over the wire.  8)

Frizlefrak said:
OHHHH YES.  I've lurked on a couple of those boards, and it can get fiery. 

I joined this board because I know it all and wanted to share it.....then discovered I was just a "know it all"  ;D  It's amazing how much I learned about my RV on here.  Most of these guys have forgotten more than I will ever know, and they have saved me a fortune of money and time on repairing my own rig.  Also learned a lot about towing, truck capacity, hitch setup, etc....I can never repay what I've been given on here.
Yep. I'm with you Friz. After owning several RVs over the last 20 years, I thought I had amassed a wealth of RV knowledge. Then I joined this forum and my jaw dropped at the knowledge base and experience. As they say, "You don't know what you don't know." Very humbling indeed. I have saved so much time and money following the recommendations of others here, and have learned a lot about the systems on our RV. Yeah, I've read some posts over the years from people who were asking some pretty basic questions about their 1st RVs, but rarely did anyone ever pounce on them to make them feel stupid, just so they could feel superior (which only had the opposite affect). The few that did never seemed to last very long here.

Kev

Mopar1973Man said:
Yes. I was a RV newbie once long ago. I've learned many thing through trial and error about RV'ing. I've owned both a  I was on the BBS networks back in the 80's with dial up modems.

Man, they were fun...you are showing our age :)  !

Rene T said:
I have to ask, what's a MDT?  :eek: ::) :D

Hi,

good question.

While truck classes can be different in some provinces (up to 13 classifications), the generally accepted classifications are as follows:

Light duty
        Class 1
    Class 2
    Class 3
Medium duty
Class 4
    Class 5
  Class 6
Heavy duty
Class 7
    Class 8

I have a class 5 truck.  Moparman has a forum for diesels which is great but I have questions about cab modifications ...like where do you install speakers !

Generally  speaking class 4 and about is classified as automatic "commercial" class however, there are provisions that allow you to modify that if used for non commercial use. Case in point, my is registered as a motor home like many of my friends that run class 8s..

My truck, which is a common site in the states, is actually quite rare here..

Grassy..

..and sometimes the light duty is referred to the LGT....  :)

This is why we should ALL get in the habit of spelling out the words or at least one time in the post we should spell it out then use the initials after that.

Ned said:
Would that be your Tow Vehicle, Towed Vehicle, or TeleVision?
Darn!  Now I have to call my BIL.  I thought he was talking about his Throttle Valve. ::) :-[ ;) ;) ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom